Hi, not sure if anybody encountered this prb but thought i'll just do a post here to see if anybody can help. Recently, when there's an incoming call and I answer it, there will be a picture that will appear as a wallpaper during the duration of the call. Of course that picture disappears when i end the call. I'm wondering if it's a virus or what.

Can anybody help? Thanks.
    02-17-2010 09:50 PM
    Is your phone jailbroken and can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    02-17-2010 10:04 PM
    Hihi.. Errr i got 'crack' the phone. It should be jailbroken since i could download applications and install into the phone and i have cydia on my iphone as well.

I don't have a camera now to do the screenshot. But let me try to describe the picture. I have my usual wallpaper. Then when there's an incoming call, my usual wallpaper picture disappears and this picture of an (american?) guy appears and there are some english words on top. It really sounds very virus-y but i have not downloaded anythign strange to my phone recently.

After i end the call, my usual wallpaper will 'come back'.
    02-17-2010 10:34 PM
    You can take a screenshot by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time.

There are no "iPhone" viruses persay. There are some SSH hacks out there if you installed openSSH and didn't change the password. It sounds like this could have happened to you.
    02-17-2010 10:53 PM
    Does that mean i need to reformat my phone again?? what is openSSH? Thanks in advance
    02-18-2010 12:35 AM
    If you can post a picture of it I can help more.

openSSH is something you would have installed from Cydia. It gives you SSH access to your phone. It's a way you have to install/modify some themes.

Many people install this, sometimes unknowingly, and don't know they have to change the ssh password on the phone or it leaves it wide open for those kind of exploits. Likely all it did was change the image you see, but it's possible there could be something worse going on.
    02-18-2010 01:17 AM
    do your contacts have pictures assigned to them, they can be full screen size
    02-18-2010 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD