Newbie Question: Can you tether an iPhone to a BB to use data?

tmo4ever

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is the deal.....I have resisted, and resisted, and resisted. I feel like it is now time to cave and get an iPhone.

However, I don't want to switch carriers (verizon, now). What I have been able to do in the past (with Windows Mobile) was use Bluetooth to create a Dial-Up Network connection from the phone (in this case the iPhone) to my blackberry to access data.

Does anyone know if that is possible on the iPhone?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Not that I know of, pretty sure this won't work. But then again if you JB anything is possible, like Apple killing your iPhone. LOL

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've thought about this too. I have an iPhone and BB on ATT. I only have one sim card / phone number and swap the sim between the two. When I have the aim in the iPhone I can use mywi to make the iPhone an AP for other devices to use the 3G connection via wifi. But I have looked and can't find a way to do this from the BB. So I'm sorry to say I don't think it would work for you.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
tmo4ever- the iphone's bluetooth does not work that way

mg48- you should know that this could mean you get hit with high data charges at some point since your data plan will only be for one of the devices and they're device specific.

WestDev

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Great question - I actually have an old iPhone 3GS (jailbroken) that I'm using as an iPod, and I would like to tether it to use data from my At&t Blackberry 9700 on the go. I know the 3GS has Bluetooth, but I have two questions:

1) Can iPhone accept an incoming Internet bridge over Bluetooth?

2) Will iBluever or other DUN settings mgmt app install on iPhone?

Thanks for your input!

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Great question - I actually have an old iPhone 3GS (jailbroken) that I'm using as an iPod, and I would like to tether it to use data from my At&t Blackberry 9700 on the go. I know the 3GS has Bluetooth, but I have two questions:

1) Can iPhone accept an incoming Internet bridge over Bluetooth?

2) Will iBluever or other DUN settings mgmt app install on iPhone?

Thanks for your input!

So you don't have WiFi? If you're using it without a sim card as an ipod, you can still use WiFi for internet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73