HI all. I have searched the forums but without success, so please excuse me if this question has been asked 100 times before.

I have an iPhone 3G and love it. 3.5 months ago I moved from inner city to live in the country and now have limited (read next to none!) mobile coverage at home due to my distance from the Cellular tower.

I mostly connect my iPhone to my Wifi home network for using my apps, which works fine.

Whenever I'm without mobile coverage and I use an app that wants to use the iPhone GPS for my location, the default location goes back to my old home address where I have not lived since October last year. It's fine if I have mobile coverage, it all works fine.

I would have thought that the phone would have saved the last known position rather than my old home address (some 170km away) but damned if I can find a setting to change my default location to my new home address.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong??

Mark
    02-12-2010 12:04 AM
    you might try submitting your AP's new location here. if it's still associated with the old location in a database that would put your location off
    SKYHOOK Wireless: How It Works > Submit Wi-Fi AP
    02-12-2010 08:46 AM
    Thanks, trying that now.
    02-12-2010 05:28 PM
    look for a femtocell device from AT&T to get your phone working from home also
    02-12-2010 07:21 PM
    Unfortunately I'm in Australia and can't find a similar device in my part of the world :-(
    02-12-2010 08:40 PM
    Ah, Australia. I'm not sure if skyhook is in Australia.
    02-13-2010 04:33 PM
    Ah, Australia. I'm not sure if skyhook is in Australia.
    I have submitted my MAC address to Skyhook just in case. It worked at first yesterday (I think) then reverted back to my old address
    02-13-2010 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD