Hi all, can any body tell me how to make my iphone video clip fill the whole screen when posting on youtube??

I have posted a couple of clips but they just take the form of a thick band in the centre of the youtube screen

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    02-10-2010 04:05 PM
    do you have an example video?
    02-11-2010 09:35 AM
    hi flyingember, i tried to posta link in the above message but it wont let me because I have less than 10 posts!!

If you go to you tube then type in lfbullitt you should see four video clips that i posted. Im a firefighter here in England and i posted them for general view. The latest two were of some high speed "blue light response" drives which i wanted to use as possibly a training aid but I cant get the clips to "fill" the screen!!

Any tips??

Many thanks in advance,

Rick.
    02-11-2010 10:37 AM
    May be there is an iphone application available for youtube. You can watch all video tracks of youtube with this application and it will also take less time to load or buffer.
    02-12-2010 07:31 AM
    Here's some pics so others will know what you're talking about and hopefully be able to help:

Original Video:

What bullitt would like it to look like:

The reason YouTube does this is to maintain the aspect ratio of the original video so that objects in the video are proportioned correctly and not stretched. Basically so a circle looks like a circle and not an oval.
    The only way I know how to do this would be importing the video into a video editing program such as Sony Vegas and stretching the video yourself...but I'm sure there is a much easier and cheaper way. :o
    02-12-2010 08:21 AM
    that makes sense.

the bars are normal in that case.
    02-12-2010 08:47 AM
    Phantomgrave, many thanks for that, you are spot on. Looks like I will have to research some other way of formatting it before posting again!!

Cheers for taking the time to research and post anyway.

Rick.
    02-15-2010 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD