View Poll Results: Will you purchase the next iPhone regardless of price and features?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 60.67%
  • No

35 39.33%
    Uh huh...I think you mean blue coverage for 3G. The Nexus One is having connectivity issues on T-Mobile's network, by the way, but I read they're fixing it. Granted, the iPhone is not the strongest piece of mobile hardware when it comes to RF, but as far as I'm concerned, it certainly has a good enough radio in it. And that little chip becomes a beast because it supports HSPA 7.2, which means double that of its predecessor. Dallas, for example, was on that list of "the first six HSPA 7.2 cities" (so was L.A., btw), and when I ran a poll on a different forum as to the connection speeds, people from Dallas consistently got 4-5Mbps, with one user reporting 5.1Mbps. That's pretty impressive. I don't get those kinds of speeds just yet.

You don't have to live in any of the initial 6 markets that were announced to be able to get upwards of 3, 4, and even upwards of 5Mbps, albeit I only know of one single person. lol...Maybe he ran 100 speed tests until he hit 5.1Mbps, and in the process slowed down the network for the other fine folks from the DFW metro area.

Hopefully the frequency of everyone getting higher bandwidth connections will increase, as time goes on, backhaul installations permitting.

What do you guys do when the bill comes in? Do you call customer service and request a credit? I would encourage you to do so, as they will give it to you, if you have the powers of persuasion.
    03-07-2010 04:31 AM
    I am just use to the product cycles. Its like asking me like if I will get a new iPod every year I wont until I need a new one. I wont get a new iphone until I need a new one in and i need a new one already so I will be getting a 3gs since my home button quit working. its such a pain in the *** I just need a new phone
    03-08-2010 01:48 AM
    Absolutely. I've only just this week moved from my original iPhone to a brand spanking new 3GS but will definitely buy a next gen phone later on in the year when (assuming it's released in July) Apple have had a couple of months to iron out any bugs.

I paid 450 for the 3GS handset from O2 so hopefully I will recoup a fair amount of that later on in the year on ebay although I suspect there may be a bit of a glut of 3G's and 3GS's on ebay then.

"Hello!!" btw
    03-08-2010 02:14 AM
    Hello, friend.

What kind of download speeds do you get on O2 over there, or any other carrier you might know about?
    03-08-2010 06:13 AM
    Hello, friend.

What kind of download speeds do you get on O2 over there, or any other carrier you might know about?
    Generally (and I've only checked it a few times and each time has been from the mast that covers my home) it seems to be between 1200-1500 kbps.
    03-08-2010 06:36 AM
    I am just use to the product cycles. Its like asking me like if I will get a new iPod every year I wont until I need a new one. I wont get a new iphone until I need a new one in and i need a new one already so I will be getting a 3gs since my home button quit working. its such a pain in the *** I just need a new phone
    Apple did fix my home button under warranty. One must make an appointment with the Genius Bar.
    03-08-2010 11:06 AM
    Cool! Good for you. How long had you owned your iPhone? Warranty is for a year, right? Like every other PDA/cellphone.
    03-08-2010 12:05 PM
    Cool! Good for you. How long had you owned your iPhone? Warranty is for a year, right? Like every other PDA/cellphone.
    I am on my third iPhone. They have always been in warranty while I have had them; then I gave them away. The first one died an ugly death at the hands of my great nephew.
    03-08-2010 01:25 PM
    But I will keep my phone for the next few months (til I am a year into my contract) than jump ship.
    03-08-2010 04:26 PM
    hi.. Actually i really don't give damn to money in case of iphone. I love iphone and always but the best one.
    03-09-2010 12:38 AM
    I will if it has better screen resolution. This current screen resolution is way behind the times. My screen on my BB Bold 9700 is much sharper and I would love to have the same on the iPhone
    03-09-2010 01:45 AM
    Personally I will, part of my addiction.
    Ditto...
    03-09-2010 08:12 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD