OKay....so I am sure that this question was probably answered somewhere along the way but I can't even start to know where to search for it.

Anyways, just got my iphone yesterday. No data plan so I want to only go online when I have wireless. Every now and then though when I wake it up I see the "E" up top. Although I am not accessing anything online at that time will I be charged by my carrier? Is there a way to lock it into wireless and thats it? Once I click on something, for example the facebook app, for a split second it is still on the E then switches to wireless.

I am not a wizz with tech so please help....I feel old and I am sure some young kid out there can help me out lol.

Thanks.
    02-08-2010 10:12 AM
    OKay....so I am sure that this question was probably answered somewhere along the way but I can't even start to know where to search for it.

Anyways, just got my iphone yesterday. No data plan so I want to only go online when I have wireless. Every now and then though when I wake it up I see the "E" up top. Although I am not accessing anything online at that time will I be charged by my carrier? Is there a way to lock it into wireless and thats it? Once I click on something, for example the facebook app, for a split second it is still on the E then switches to wireless.

I am not a wizz with tech so please help....I feel old and I am sure some young kid out there can help me out lol.

Thanks.
    Only way to do what you are looking to do is if you were to jailbreak. Though as long as you keep wifi on you should be fine.
    02-08-2010 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD