Contact name keeps changing

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
So my address book is always changing my Mom's name. I think it's because she shares the same email address as my dad. Well, he's my step dad and I call him Big Ricky. I have "Big Ricky" set as his first name with no last name and I have my mom set as "Mom" with no last name. MobileMe (I'm assuming) always changes my Mom's name to "Mom Ricky" with "Ricky" as her last name. I delete the last name and sure enough it pops back up. The only thing these two contacts share is one email address. It's driving me nuts!

Anyone else have a problem like this or have any ideas for me to try other than removing the email address from one of them?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Embarrassingly I have not tried deleting and re-adding them. I'll try that.

I use iPhone and Mac Address Book to manage my contacts and MobileMe to sync them up.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Embarrassingly I have not tried deleting and re-adding them. I'll try that.

I use iPhone and Mac Address Book to manage my contacts and MobileMe to sync them up.

I always start with the most basic.

Have you restarted?
Did you try deleting it and remaking it?
Are you sure it's on?
What's the error message?

As an aside, at work my basics ticket load dropped by 75% when managers started doing basic troubleshooting like this. Our employees get back to work quicker and I have time to focus on bigger issues and putting improvements in. A win for everyone.

gelorobinson

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
same problem

Hi!

I have the same issue. I don't think it has anything to do with the partner sharing the same email address. It's because the iPhone (or MobileMe) try to be helpful by completing contact information with the information pushed when receiving an email.

I know that's what it is, because one of my friends sends me emails that I receive with the sender being "O F". Considering I didn't enter his last name into my iPhone contacts but assigning his email address to the contact, iPhone now adds 'F' to the last name of his contact details. Same happens with my mum. She's now mum Richter - I called Apple about this, but they weren't really helpful.

Who wants to save their mum with her christian name in their iPhone address book?! Silly Silly!

If anyone finds a solution to this, please let me know.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a similar issue! But, I figured it out. I have BeeJive installed, using GoogleTalk. So, if I give contact A, a friendly name, like Mrs. vs. her true name, it will change it in my Contacts (Address book)...

I've contacted BeeJive, and they have no idea. So, now I don't link BeeJive\GoogleTalk contacts with my Contacts (Address book)...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2