Restore to 3.1.2

applemapple

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Look I've bought a iphone 3gs with the 3.1.2 firmware. I jailbreaked it, and unlocked it, everything seemed fine untill I tried to install Cydia apps.

The phone needed the a reboot, so i rebooted it, and it just turned black. So i tried to start it and the "connect to itunes" logo appeared. So I thought all right, I can just re-jailbreak it. But everytime, I jailbreak it the screen turns black and nothing happens.

So I thought well I can just restore it to factory settings trough itunes. But here's the thing, iTunes tells me to donwload update 3.1.3. And I won't because none jailbreak out there will work.

So is there a way to bypass 3.1.3 and re-install to my factory setting with 3.1.2

-Note I havn't updated it to 3.1.3 yet. So what options have I got?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Unless you have your SHSH stored on Cydia, and point your hosts file to use Cydia to validate the version of the firmware you want to install, iTunes isn't going to let you restore to an older firmware anymore.

Also, it sounds like you have a tethered jailbreak. Search on that and post in the jailbreak forums if you have more questions.

applemapple

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Damn it, well I havn't my SHSH stored. Fortunetly, I've got 2 Iphones. The other one is working great. Could I store the SHSH from the "working" phone, and restore it trough the other phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro