3.1.3 Release

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
The Dev team just tweeted "Do not upgrade to todays 3.1.3 update." Has anyone heard of the update being released today?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just upgraded my iphone and ipod touch. No issues with the upgrade or performance..

aaaaaannnnnnndddd are you jailbroken???

i fear for the many threads regarding "i upgraded to 3.1.3 and now my JB iphone is messed up!!!"

Last edited:

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
There seems to be a glitch with the battery meter on 3.1.3 because I would be at 83% and then if I restart it would go down to 76% but then 10 seconds later would go back to 83%. This would happen each time I restart. Anyone having this issue also?

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm getting a new, my 1st, iPhone 3gs Friday, what does this new release mean to try jailbreaking?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I'm getting a new, my 1st, iPhone 3gs Friday, what does this new release mean to try jailbreaking?

If the new phone has the latest OS, and they usually do, it means you can't jailbreak until Geohot or somebody else develops a jailbreak hack for it.

Coincidentally, I'm not upgrading until there is a jailbreak for it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
read somewhere online that this new upgrade promises improved battery but in reality it's just another fix against the jailbreak.
imagine that...

hanguk9117

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
i don't think the upgrade promised improved battery life. its supposed to fix an error in the percentage reporting of the battery life.

StevenDtC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea my brother updated his 3gs and lost his jailbrake and all his apps. I read online that you can downgrade the firmware but you cant downgrade the baseband or something like that, but yea he just warned me about updating it on itunes.

aland_24

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
So if you have upgraded to 3.1.3, can you not go back to 3.1.2 ?

ive upgraded last night .. didnt actually mean to, My phone isnt jailbroken, but i wanted to go back to 3.1.2 so i can jailbreak it,

How long before a release for jailbreaking for 3.1.3 ?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
@ aland_24 nobody really knows how long it'll take for a jailbreak for 3.1.3. I'm sure Geohot and the dev team are already working on it though. I know Apple changed the baseband w/ the newest firmware, so it might take a little while. I'm holding off until the jailbreak is available.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
read somewhere online that this new upgrade promises improved battery but in reality it's just another fix against the jailbreak.
imagine that...

it says nothing about improved life.

it says improved metering of the battery life available only on the 3GS

read Apple's change logs for the only answer, not "somewhere"

this site has a nice screen shot of it

iPhone OS 3.1.3 available now -- Engadget

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info

Don't worry about your new iPhone. I'm guessing it was produced before the 3.1.3 update and therefore may be running 3.1.2 or earlier and it would ask you to upgrade. Hopefully you will get a 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS and you can just jailbreak it with blackra1n as usual.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've heard there is really NO reason to upgrade to 3.1.3 There are NO NEW Upgrades or advantages to 3.1.3. As of yet Rock has NO JB and I don't believe Cydia has one either. I've heard the only thing 3.1.3 does is almost make it impossible to JB after you update.... This iPhone is perfectly happy with 3.1.2... Thank You

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice