obtaining wifi

amigaflip

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am aware of wifi, and if I am correct it is a way for one device to decet another to allow it on.
I would like to to know how to set up a wifi to be able to remote desktop

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes I am aware of wifi, and if I am correct it is a way for one device to decet another to allow it on.
I would like to to know how to set up a wifi to be able to remote desktop

The first question should be, do you have a wifi network to connect too?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

Nope.

it's more or less a extension of ethernet over a wireless medium. for most people a wifi device effectively bridges the wireless and wired network on their existing Internet connection. they generally come as part of the router but they don't have to. I manage four at work that are just bridges.

what wifi is not (most places) is a wide area network. that's why the iphone supports cellular networks. wifi is very localized.

you need to own or have available device that supports wifi to connect to. these devices generally have a range of about a house, sometimes up to a football field

do you have one of these available to connect to?

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Nope.

it's more or less a extension of ethernet over a wireless medium. for most people a wifi device effectively bridges the wireless and wired network on their existing Internet connection. they generally come as part of the router but they don't have to. I manage four at work that are just bridges.

what wifi is not (most places) is a wide area network. that's why the iphone supports cellular networks. wifi is very localized.

you need to own or have available device that supports wifi to connect to. these devices generally have a range of about a house, sometimes up to a football field

do you have one of these available to connect to?

We are talking here about a Wireless Access Point, WAP. The question is do you have a WAP to connect to?

If so, then on the iPhone go to Settings>WiFi>On>Choose a Network. Do you see a network name? Is there a check mark next to it? When you choose it, and see the detail, is there an IP address, 198.162,xxx,xxx, for the Router? Is DHCP the choice between DHCP, BootP, Static?

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
My wifi is always on but but still it does not work, I think there is some problem with it's setup. Can any wifi user tell me how to configure my setup? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Do you have a wifi connection to connect too? Go to settings and click wifi, then it should display a list of available networks.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My wifi is always on but but still it does not work, I think there is some problem with it's setup. Can any wifi user tell me how to configure my setup? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

without knowing what you have the best we can do is to tell you to configure it per your device's instructions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner