Hey guys ... tried looking everywhere online for a sollution but not getting much luck. Right up until yesterday my iphone battery has been fine (its 6 months old). Sure its not as good as the phones of old but it was fine.
    Now I'm suddenly noticing the battery is draining fast, really fast. As in I was browsing the net on 3g for about 10mins and it dropped 20% in that time. I've done all the tricks I can find such as push notifications off, power cycle, brightness down and all that jazz but the problem is persiting. It's not just with internet useage, playing the ipod or just sending a text its draining so much faster than normal ... was writing a text before, nothing more than your standard 160 characters and it dropped one percent just while doing that.

So I just got the feeling the battery has gone faulty ... is there anything else I can try? Are the chances of doing a hard reset by wiping it clean and starting over going to do anything if the battery drain is this severe? If not it's still under waranty so I assume that would be my next step .. which will be a real pain in the *** because there would probably be a period of weeks without my phone and will have to buy a new one in the intrim.
    I also notice it's charging extremely quickly too .. earlier it was at 50% battery I plugged it in to charge and in less than about 3mins it was at 60% I don't think its a problem with the battery indicator as when it gets to 0% the phone really does shut down.

Anyhoo .. just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?
    Cheers

edit: Ok def a problem I think, just left it sitting down locked and it was at 27% battery, about 15mins later it was at 16% from doing nothing Doesn't appear to be overheating though..
    Last edited by thepokey; 02-01-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    02-01-2010 06:10 AM
    Time to call apple. This does sound like a bad battery
    02-01-2010 07:57 AM
    Something very similar started happening to me this weekend...I feel your pain, brother

I pretty much assumed the battery is done, but I'm leaving out hope that it was a fluke because I don't want to deal with having to send the phone away to Apple for an extended period of time.
    02-01-2010 09:22 AM
    Totally, I used to work for an Australian phone provider, even though we wern't dealing with the waranties we got to hear all about the horror stories of the people who did .. long delays before getting their phone back and then upon getting it back nothing was fixed ... really trying to avoid that but I'm not sure if there is anything left to try. I guess last option is doing a factory reset? Has anyone else had something similar where they've tried all the tricks, then done a factory reset and it fixed it?
    02-01-2010 10:48 AM
    I've known of a similar story, only in this one you can watch the battery go down. 100% to 10% in a couple of minutes. A hard reset did not work, and apple warranty is over..how coincidental.
    02-01-2010 11:28 AM
    In a related question...is this a warranty issue? Meaning if I have the phone less than a year, will they just exchange the phone?
    02-01-2010 01:31 PM
    I've known of a similar story, only in this one you can watch the battery go down. 100% to 10% in a couple of minutes. A hard reset did not work, and apple warranty is over..how coincidental.
    this is the sign of a lithium ion battery at the end of it's life.
    02-01-2010 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD