so heres the situation:
    i bought an iphone from some chinese phone store about half a year ago. I unlocked the phone and jailbroke it to work with t-mobile and get free games through installous. after a while the silent button wasnt functioning as it should and dust appeared under the screen. so today i tried to open it and fix the problem, i was so dumb to do that. i accidently pressed on the screen and cracked a corner of it. now the whole screen is black and the corner is black and i cant see a thing. my iphone is still under warranty and i would like you guys to help me with some questions i have.
    1. if i backup and restore my iphone to factory settings, will apple find out that i jailbroke it and unlocked it.
    2. do i need a at&t prepaid card to get a new iphone? if so, how much is the lowest payment and how should i do it?
    3. can apple tell if i opened the iphone? if they can then will it affect the warranty? what if i just tell them i tried to fix it myself?

thank you so much for viewing and trying to help.
    all help is appreciated. :o
    01-31-2010 09:28 PM
    seriously.. no one can help here?
    what a let down..
    01-31-2010 11:20 PM
    It's only been two hours...

1. Apple cannot tell if you've jailbroken if you do a compete restore
    2. I don't think you can do prepaid plans with the iPhone unless something has changed? I'd check with AT&T's website for your answer.
    3. I'm pretty sure they can tell if it's been opened. Not positive though.

4. Apple isn't going to help you if your screen is cracked. This voided your warranty.
    02-01-2010 12:08 AM
    no, just turn the phone to china because your phone is not really made from Iphone factory, so there is no need you worry about the jailbroke thing, but i believe you must watch out one thing, you should declare it "MP3" "MP4""gps" when you fill the customes questionaire before post.
    02-01-2010 04:09 AM
    Also the phones IMEI number is traceable to its country or origin... If you search your phones IMEI number it will tell you if it is a Apple phone and what country it came from... Apple will only fix US iPhones in the US... Trace your IMEI number
    02-01-2010 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD