So i got my iphone about six days ago and the first day i brought it home i had one to two bars in my house witch i was happy with( i live in the middle of no where). I could make calls receive them text messages came in on time everything was fine and dandy. Then the second day around five in the afternoon i completely lost signal. Now if i have my phone in certain spots i get three bars of 3G coverage!WHAT!? Seriously i don't mind having 3G but its so few and far in between its not worth it not when i have wifi at my house for data. So any ideas why one day i have two bars of edge and the next day 3G but very rarely and when i don't have three 3g no service?
    01-22-2010 06:12 PM
    Just this month, I brought my iPhone home and had service bars on the screen, but no service (previously service in my home was not an issue). I called the local ATT location and was ready to bring it back - up to that point I had tried everything including a 'hard' reset thru iTunes. They told me they were working on towers in the area and that might be the issue. I figured I was getting the brush off, and sure enough, 2 days later, I had pretty consistent service in the house. You might want to give them a shout to see if they are doing anything in your area.
    01-23-2010 08:24 AM
    callling your provider is always a good idea. everyone can save themselves time by calling their provider and if this doesn't help, let us know.
    01-23-2010 10:14 AM
    so i called at&t and they took me through all the steps ive done a million times, as in turn off phone with 3g turned off and such. Also i had my friend over with his 8gb iphone 3g as well and he got the same service that i got the first day. He had two to three bars of edge coverage i had "no service" with both of our phones side by side. So what the rep told me to do and it actually worked....but only for five minutes and now im back in the same boat. Is there anyway my phone could be broken? i just don't know at this point.
    01-23-2010 10:24 PM
    I am always reluctant to call support because they will think that I am a newbie. Instead of doing some kind of level set, they assume that I do not know what I am doing or why I have called them. I may waste as much as an hour convincincing them that I know what I am doing.
    01-23-2010 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD