Bing? Really?!

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
It's actually 10.7% as of December, 2009.

Hard to believe, but I think it's understandable that these two giants are needing to team up if they want to avoid being drowned by Google.
Bing has been quite a failure so far, I just read a blog article quoting it's market share as 3%. I'm willing to bet at least 2/3 of that is from newbie users just using the default engine that IE suggests them.

cafejunkie

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I honestly could care less about the phone's default search provider. Nothing going to google.com won't fix. I'd prefer not to lose google maps however. I also use pretty much all of google's services. Contacts, calendar, mail, etc. All set up as exchange on my 3GS. That I absolutely cannot lose. Unless of course MobileMe becomes free ;)

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Personally I don't like using Goggle for the purpose of that company has gathered way too much information on each of us from all our years of searching... Goggle probably knows me better then myself... A company based solely on information can lead to nothing but evil...

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I can really see apple doing this, a deal with Microsoft could be good for both as they try to fight against the giant that Google is becoming. I also see apple working on and releasing their own search engine in the next year or two as well the maps program that others have mentioned. If you think about apple and MS have a longer history together then apple and Google so it is not so far fetched as it might sound at first. That said I don't think apple will get rid of Google as an option in both Safari and Safari mobile as that is major selling point for a very large group of people.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have had great luck using Bing and have pretty much switched to it full time. I'm finding I can narrow down search parameters better, and get far less "junk" with the same search terms using Bing.

I've also almost completely made the switch to Bing from Google. I find the results just as 'good' as using Google.com however, I like the 'deals' that are listed at the top of the page. The way images are displayed is also nice and I prefer it over Google.

I see nothing wrong with having more choices. And if something works well I don't care if it's Microsoft, Google, Apple or open source, I'll use it if it works for me.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I believe that when the first artificial intelligence emerges in the Internet, her name will be Google. My belief in Google borders on the religious. I even own a few shares.

That said, I prefer Bing on my iPhone because it works with a Bluetooth headset.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I believe that when the first artificial intelligence emerges in the Internet, her name will be Google. My belief in Google borders on the religious. I even own a few shares.

That said, I prefer Bing on my iPhone because it works with a Bluetooth headset.

I didnt know that

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner