Bing? Really?!

VerizonFan

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
Is it likely that Bing will become the default search engine on the iPhone? I understand the new rivalry between Apple and Google in the mobile field, but I don't want to search using Bing. If this does happen, do you think it would be possible to switch it if you are jailbroken by some app?

joe_taylor

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
if it happens they are just going to make it the default seach engine. You can use whichever one you like. You can already switch between google and yahoo!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
if it happens they are just going to make it the default seach engine. You can use whichever one you like. You can already switch between google and yahoo!

Chances are Google will indeed be gone completely and you will see options for Bing and Yahoo only. Even so what is wrong with Bing? All the search field will use is Bing's API. It's not like you will have to see anything Microsoft. ;)

joe_taylor

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Chances are Google will indeed be gone completely and you will see options for Bing and Yahoo only. Even so what is wrong with Bing? All the search field will use is Bing's API. It's not like you will have to see anything Microsoft. ;)

To be honest I've never even used Bing. Just had a look and it's pretty much the same as google :rolleyes:

hopefully they'll keep the google option.

iborg

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Hard to believe, but I think it's understandable that these two giants are needing to team up if they want to avoid being drowned by Google.
Bing has been quite a failure so far, I just read a blog article quoting it's market share as 3%. I'm willing to bet at least 2/3 of that is from newbie users just using the default engine that IE suggests them.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have had great luck using Bing and have pretty much switched to it full time. I'm finding I can narrow down search parameters better, and get far less "junk" with the same search terms using Bing.

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I suspect Apple's moves into maps and alternate search strategies will mostly be bargaining chips in negotiating with Google; they are competitors, but as with Apple/Microsoft, they're competitors who make a lot of money off of each other.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Yikes!!!

I don't much care about the search engine, but I use Google's calendar and contacts apps exclusively!!! Does this mean no more support for either of those two programs?? Yikes! :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods