My first iPhone!

tbgreen89

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey all im new here... (current Blackberry user on Verizon) but i am wanting to get an Iphone with AT&T in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if i should wait and get the 4G one or just get a 3GS for now and upgrade later on down the road? Im really anxious to get one real soon!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Depends on how bad you want the latest and greatest and the amount you are willing to pay. If money is no object then go ahead and pick one up but then when the new one comes out just be ready to pay a large price. Or simply wait.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
first rule to moving from an iphone.

forget everything you know. the two devices have very different ways of doing things and neither is right or wrong.

I would a week and a half, see what's announced and when it's coming out and then decide for yourself. the new features may not be worth it and announcement day will likely be when the current model begins to get discounted

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey all im new here... (current Blackberry user on Verizon) but i am wanting to get an Iphone with AT&T in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if i should wait and get the 4G one or just get a 3GS for now and upgrade later on down the road? Im really anxious to get one real soon!!

I say see what Apple announces next Wednesday ( Jan 27 ) and if that effects the release date of a new iPhone.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
If you want to wait till June when the the new iPhone hardware is announced then do that. But even if you wait there is no guarantee that will be the only one that comes out in 10. When the 3G came out I think it was only about 3months or so until the 3GS hit. My advice would be to wait till the 27th and see what apples says but then again I just got the 3GS in Dec and I am not worried about it at all.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you want to wait till June when the the new iPhone hardware is announced then do that. But even if you wait there is no guarantee that will be the only one that comes out in 10. When the 3G came out I think it was only about 3months or so until the 3GS hit. My advice would be to wait till the 27th and see what apples says but then again I just got the 3GS in Dec and I am not worried about it at all.

The 3GS came out 1 year ( almost to the day ) after the 3G. The 3G came a year after the 2G. Not sure where you got the 3 months number.

I still stand by my wait until the 27th to see what Apple has in store for users and then make your decision. I have the 3GS and got it back in July and I know I'll be waiting until June of 2011 to get a new iPhone.

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
post what are the best features that you like in your blackberry and i am sure everyone in here will give you the cons and pros. i had a curve with a&tt then i went to a iphone 3g, then to a bold and now in a iphone 3gs...so far i am very happy and when the new 4g comes out i will prob will get it also. :D

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I got my first iPhone yesterday. I've been keeping up on whats going on and I figured, how much more can Apple really cram into the iPhone as far as hardware is concerned? Maybe an HD screen when IMO whats in the 3GS is more than sufficient. It's already fast enough. Personally I see the new iPhone with a higher res screen, 64 GB storage and maybe a bit faster. I didn't think that was worth waiting for when I had a Sprint BB Curve 8330. That think was beginning to feel like a dumbphone....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73