hello . iv just got windows 7 in and in my devises it says the drivers are missing for my iphone so it dont want to recognize it . any ideas what driver i need . sorry im a bit lost with all this .

thanks for any help D
    01-18-2010 08:29 PM
    Umm what do you mean, you really need iTunes to manage your iPhone even on Mac.
    01-18-2010 08:37 PM
    Iv never found a way of getting photos off the phone with Itunes on a pc . If there's a way I'd love to no it
    01-18-2010 09:18 PM
    Install iTunes, this will install the Apple USB drivers for devices and Bonjure controllers. Then connect your iPhone. Go to My computer and right click on the iPhone, select import pictures. Done.

Windows sees the iPhone as a digital camera.
    01-18-2010 09:20 PM
    Iv got iTunes I but in my computer it don't see the phone as I have a driver missing . Do I need to reinstall iTunes do you think
    01-18-2010 09:30 PM
    Make sure you have the most up to date version of itunes installed. When you plug your iPhone in, you should get a little popup window asking what program you want to use to view the files on your device. Or you can just go to your file explorer, where you'll see your iPhone as a drive and you can transfer your photos from there.
    01-19-2010 06:40 AM
    ye iv got the latest itunes but i get no pop up and cant see the phone in devises or in my computer

in systems it says iv not got the drivers for the phone so im gessing thats all i need but dont no how to get them . iv looked on the net not got anywhere . would they be on the win 7 disc ?

cheers for help d

ps itunes can see it , its windows that dont like it .
    Last edited by TOASTIE; 01-19-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    01-19-2010 09:50 AM
    One thing also, be sure you have the correct version of iTunes, 32 bit or 64 bit, for your OS (some manufacturers are putting 64bit Windows on new systems). Only noticeable difference between the two is the drivers. My work laptop (Win7 64bit) recognizes the iPhone with no issues, once 64bit iTunes is installed.
    01-19-2010 10:21 AM
    its dofe 32 bit windows . im now trying to find out what the itunes is but cant find it .
    01-19-2010 12:15 PM
    reinstalled itune 32 bit but still nothing . its just like if you plugged in a new devise and had not put the driver in yet . only thing is i cant find drivers anywhere
    01-19-2010 12:27 PM
    itunes cant even see the f'in thing now
    01-19-2010 03:11 PM
    Maybe it's your usb cord? The drivers are in iTunes (it's a package deal).
    01-19-2010 05:17 PM
    iv rolled back the pc so have it in itunes again but still not in the OS , iv tryed a new lead and its still the same . it just keeps on telling me the drivers for the iphone aint in . iv reinstalled itune about ten times now . my head hurts . looks like i mite be back to XP just cuz of this .
    01-19-2010 05:40 PM
    Got to be something bizarre with your computer, cause I have it working fine on two laptops with Win7 here, 1 32 bit and 1 64 bit.
    01-19-2010 07:25 PM
    I just don't no what to do next . I'm fed up with it
    cheers for trying
    01-19-2010 09:27 PM
    well iv had fun . backed up every thing to disc . reinstalled xp to find out it wont recognize the back ups but works with the phone fine . go for a re reinstall of win 7 and it still wont recognize my back ups so iv lost every thing and it still wont see the ****ing iphone . im going to chuck them both out the window and go and get a life . very fed up
    01-20-2010 09:47 PM
    Very strange indeed.
    01-20-2010 10:05 PM
    Could it be cuz of the phone being jail broke ?

Is there any other way of getting pics off the phone on mas or with iTunes ?
    01-21-2010 06:22 AM
    It's got nothing to do with it being jailbroken. My iPhone is also jailbroken.

Plug your iPhone into someone else's computer that does recognize your iPhone (don't sync, just connect it), and when it's recognized, copy your photos off it that way.
    01-21-2010 06:39 AM
    Iv never found a way of getting photos off the phone with Itunes on a pc . If there's a way I'd love to no it
    When I attached my iPhone to XP, XP recognized it as a device and invited me to copy photos to MY Pictures.
    01-21-2010 07:22 AM
    itunes cant even see the f'in thing now
    One of my computers is running Win 7, upgrade from Vista. I have iTunes on it.

When I attach the iPhone it shows up both in iTunes and in "Computer." However, when I click on it in Computer, all I see is 7G of free storage, that is what shows as 'free' in iTunes. Win 7 does not see it as a camera the way that XP did.
    01-21-2010 07:29 AM
    thats a plan . iv just stuck it into another pc and loading pics on to a memory stick , i spos this will do for the time being but what a pain . thanks for all your help .

im wondering if someone could go in there files and find the driver and email me it , or can i down load itunes to a disc and then tell win 7 to look on the disc for it .

or is it possible iv not got window explorer on this win 7 ?
    01-21-2010 07:33 AM
    One of my computers is running Win 7, upgrade from Vista. I have iTunes on it.

When I attach the iPhone it shows up both in iTunes and in "Computer." However, when I click on it in Computer, all I see is 7G of free storage, that is what shows as 'free' in iTunes. Win 7 does not see it as a camera the way that XP did.
    how do you get you new pics from the phone to the pc mate ?

cuz window 7 wont recolonize it none of the programs that would inport them will see it

on xp window will offer to copy them when you plug in and i ges win 7 would if only i could get the drivers for the phone from somewhere .
    01-21-2010 08:44 AM
    When I attached my iPhone to XP, XP recognized it as a device and invited me to copy photos to MY Pictures.
    ye thats windows doing it not itune i think . i dont think you can import you pic itune on a pc , only a mac so iv been told . if there is a way with itunes all my problems would be solved . any ideas ?
    01-21-2010 08:47 AM
    It works on Windows 7. Just as others have mentioned, reinstall Itunes... make sure you get the right one 32bit or 64bit.
    01-22-2010 12:46 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD