Discuss the iPhone OS 4.0 software here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I beleive we won't see 4.0 update untill the next iPhone is released.But I'm pretty sure it will be something awsome,though I don't expect any radical UI changes.Multitasking is the first thing that I can think of because of a new (better) CPU and flash is something we'll never ever see on an iPhone/iPad that's for sure.HTML5 could be the next big thing,but who knows when...
You are probably right but we will "know" something on Thursday. I can hardly imagine that there is anything that I will anticipate the way I did "copy/paste." I will be so busy with my iPad that the wait will be easy.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I want something similar to SBSettings which I don't see happening. I'd also like something like Quick Reply SMS but I don't see that happening either. Multitasking will be there I'm sure and also customizations would be nice like every other phone on the planet. I'm sure it will be good! I can't wait!

I'm just hoping it is good enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. I'd like to go back to an iPhone thats not jailbroken!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm just hoping it is good enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. I'd like to go back to an iPhone thats not jailbroken!

why?

I think it's pretty funny people are asking for improved battery life from an OS update. Unless there's a bug in the firmware battery life really won't change much from one version to another.

surely they can do something to at least help?

Jerry-O

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Niether of those will generate much buzz.

Never underestimae the power of the schwartz...

I think that would create a ton of buzz. They are the few things that the iPhone is missing that all of its competators have. It is also what everyone is asking for. It is not a huge innovation from a market wide perspective, but it would be huge for the iP

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I think it's pretty funny people are asking for improved battery life from an OS update. Unless there's a bug in the firmware battery life really won't change much from one version to another.

Not true - anything that optimizes the speed or resource utilization of a process or program contributes to longer battery life.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Improved notifications.

Multitasking..of the visual variety (webOS). At the very least, a way to navigate between open apps

Tethering...not really a 4.0 feature but something really needed besides the jailbreak method

Integrated apps like email, messaging & ichat, contacts..basically synergy from Palm

Download files from safari.

Print.

Settings on the fly.

Better bluetooth

google nav?

I could go on..lol

Last edited:

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm also hoping that universal inbox is in this release as well as a way to initiate attachments from within Mail.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
You think there will be any talk of new iPhone hardware or will it just be about the 4.0 ipsw????

Apple is carefully sccripted and usually talks about what it says it will. If there is anything about h/w, I would expect it to be in the form of a tease

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm also hoping that universal inbox is in this release as well as a way to initiate attachments from within Mail.
I am not clear on what you mean by "initiate." One can open attachments, e.g., view a pdf, from within mail. That initiates the viewer associated with the attachment type. One can click on a url. That initiates Safari and loads the page. What more are you asking for?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Niether of those will generate much buzz.

Anything Apple does generates a buzz. So I'll have to disagree with that statement.

It's not just bugs, it can also be changing a way certain apps operate. A tweak here and there can go a long way. Also, one of their upgrades did have "improved battery", so I don't see why it can't happen again.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I am not clear on what you mean by "initiate." One can open attachments, e.g., view a pdf, from within mail. That initiates the viewer associated with the attachment type. One can click on a url. That initiates Safari and loads the page. What more are you asking for?

I believe he means adding an attachment... at least that's what I think as that would be "initiating". If I'm wrong, then he definitely phrased it wrong or doesn't realize an attachment can be opened/viewed from the mail app.

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site

I want to be in mail and replying to someone and think "Oh, I need to send that pic from yesterday to this person" and be able to click on attach rather than cancelling the email, going to the photoroll, choosing the pic then send by email then recreating the email I just scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox