Discuss the iPhone OS 4.0 software here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
One thing I would like to see in 4.0 is a pretty damn simple one. Actually, I believe EVERY cell phone that currently exists has this feature except the iPhone.

Custom SMS Ringtones.

Simple. Thats all I ask. Bring it on.

Mainly because I have an awesome ringtone to use for SMS already.

Yeah, thats a given. Although it doesn't bother me so much. I like a simple sms ringtone. What i don't like is the strange no-longer-than-40-seconds-ringtones

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I hope they give us a lot more than they have. My list is endless. I just want to see improvements on what they already have, not necessarily new features.

Rayman2170

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I really want in iPhone 4.0 is an Apple equivalent of SBsettings. Then I, personaly, will have no more reasons to jailbreak.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's happening guys. I've been reading about the apple event and the iPad. No news on multi-tasking for it or anything realted to the 4.0 OS. There is no news on iPhone either. The event is strictly iPad

hanguk9117

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
they have announced the new iphone OS updates in march. OS 2.0 in march'08, OS 3.0 in march'09...if history is any factor, they will announce OS 4.0 this march as well.

App Anarchy

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the 3.13 update and 3.2 SDK are going to be short lived. I'm expecting the 4.0 update as soon as March. Apple has to get the iPad and iPhone software in sync.

ryrycalguy

Jul 14, 2008
twitter.com
Hello all. I'm new to the iPhone world. What is supposed to be different in 4.0?

I'm hoping a lot changes happen in OS 4.0. More changes than in the past. I'm hoping for something flashier and something even more intuitive than it already is.

I want Google Maps navigation support and Google Voice. I won't move to an Android device because I've already invested too much money into my iPhone apps.

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I was really hoping for something that will allow you to have customized backgrounds on the home screen. Not just the lock screen. The black background is horrid when I put my iPhone next to my son's iPod (which is has the jailbreak software).

You should jailbreak yours too! Even if the new OS does allow for more customization, jailbroken phones will still be able to do way more. That's because with jailbreak you get access to the official app-store apps Plus all the jailbreak apps that are to awesome for the app store. Seriously. I lost my jailbreak for a couple days when I accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3 and I had a fraction of the functionality I got with a jailbroken phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2