I have my big and high hopes with the iPhone HDS
    HD-High Definition
    &
    S-Speed

OR

iPhone G4 or iPhone 2010

or something that may have to do with multi-task. Probably like iPhone HDM or something different. Maybe iPhone 4.0 (: who knows. Too soon to tell.
    04-07-2010 12:50 AM
    Apple iPhone HDS, (: coming summer 2010 exclusively on at&t. The nation's fastest 3G network.
    04-07-2010 12:51 AM
    who's excited!!?!? I am.
    I believe we will see an slightly revamped ui (too big of a change and they'll alienate all the people who were scared of smart phones prior to the iphone), for a higher res screen. hopefully some reference to a forward facing camera deep in the os code, someone's bound to dig through that stuff. I hope that the 3GS will be capable of the software upgrade, but I'll probably get the new phone anyway, lol.

Maybe we will see some limited multitasking such as messaging with an app open! Maybe one or two third party apps, but I don't really see the big deal for third party multitasking, just a way to eat through more bandwidth. The ipod plays in the background on basically every app (very well i might add), this gives us added incentive to buy music still, which is probably a good thing.

Universal inbox, I definitely see that happening, and universal ibook support (all iphone os devices). I guess we shall see very soon!
    04-07-2010 01:58 AM
    Something easy Apple. Ability to customize ring tone for incoming Text Messages on a per user basis. One ring tone for all SMS. C'Mon. Basic Feature!
    04-07-2010 08:49 AM
    Last Friday I wrote a blog about fourteen features that are needed in iPhone OS 4.0.

Some of the bigger ones that I haven't read about in this thread are
    * Orientation Lock
    * AppStore shopping cart
    * Voicemail in background
    * Updated Keyboard with predictive words, like Android's
    04-07-2010 10:06 AM
    cant wait for it
    hope it has multitasking
    04-07-2010 11:56 AM
    iPhone 4.0...PLEASE include a way to save, forward and record voicemails in the visual voicemail app!!
    04-07-2010 03:02 PM
    iPhone 4.0...PLEASE include a way to save, forward and record voicemails in the visual voicemail app!!
    If you can save and forward them, why would you need to record them? I guess I don't understand the point.
    04-07-2010 04:08 PM
    There is a PC app for that, TouchCopy. There is also a Mac but I am old and I drink so I cannot remember the name.
    04-07-2010 05:50 PM
    If you can save and forward them, why would you need to record them? I guess I don't understand the point.
    This thread exposes about as much ignorance of 3.0 as it does requirements for 4.0
    04-07-2010 05:51 PM
    ...but I am old and I drink so I cannot remember the name.
    I'm sooooo using that line next time my boss asks me something!
    04-07-2010 06:27 PM
    I'm sooooo using that line next time my boss asks me something!
    lol Works too.
    04-07-2010 07:11 PM
    as everyone here knows, the 3G device is not as fast as the 3GS

so is it safe to assume that with 4.0 it will just completely bog it down at times?

is 4.0 more targeted for the 3GS?

thoughts?
    04-07-2010 09:03 PM
    It's really going to be all about multitasking. That'll do it.
    04-07-2010 09:09 PM
    Introduce a file system. If an iPod can do it, so can an iPhone and iPad. I don't have a major need for multitasking. Who knows.
    04-07-2010 10:26 PM
    Wonderful website. Loads of info. Thanks
    04-08-2010 02:52 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the focus of the invitation image is something that is in the background? There was a similar hint in the introduction of the iPod Nano, very clever.
    04-08-2010 07:51 AM
    All I know is it better be revolutionary, I played around with a droid last night and it made my 3G feel ancient. Multi-tasking would be nice, although I'm hoping more for a vastly improved notification system as the current one is terrible.

If apple doesn't wow us again this summer like they did in 2007 the only thing that will stop me from that incredible HTC evo will be that it's on sprint. If it comes to AT&T I'm likely getting it and selling my iPhone and getting an iPod touch.
    Last edited by redbeard; 04-08-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    04-08-2010 09:56 AM
    All I know is it better be revolutionary, I played around with a droid last night and it made my 3G feel ancient. Multi-tasking would be nice, although I'm hoping more for a vastly improved notification system as the current one is terrible.

If apple doesn't wow us again this summer like they did in 2007 the only thing that will stop me from that incredible HTC evo will be that it's on sprint. If it comes to AT&T I'm likely getting it and selling my iPhone and getting an iPod touch.
    While I have been very critical of Apple's cooperation in restraint of trade with AT&T, I think that it is naive to look to Apple to solve in software AT&T capacity problems. I think that we are going to be living with AT&T 3G problems for months to years. That is why I have a Verizon MiFi. You may want to consider that as an alternative to your Sprint/Touch strategy.

(Incidentally, the MiFi came in very handy during and after the recent storm in the NE. My cable/ISP was out for ten days. While the MiFi was an expensive way to support three computers and an iPhone, it beat the alternative of moving to a hotel.)
    04-08-2010 11:26 AM
    This thread is closed, now that you know what 4.0 contains feel free to discuss the topic further here: http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...-software.html
    04-08-2010 02:07 PM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD