What says you need an update? The phone? What network are you on? Is the phone working?

"Here?" Where are you? In the US?
    03-18-2010 05:44 PM
    Druzzy,

You should supply more information about your iPhone such as OS version and firmware in order people to help you (goto Setting >> General >> About).

Nevertheless, I believed iPhone was sold factory unlocked in Australia. Hence, updating to latest OS version should not has any effects what so ever. Unless, the iPhone was jailbreak...
    03-18-2010 09:22 PM
    One feature I would like to see in OS 4.0 is such a simple one, I got on to Apple about it last year. It's basically a quicker way to adjust the brightness of the display. Hold the home button in while using the volume buttons to adjust the brightness! Simple, but I think it would come in so handy.

I also don't think we should expect OS 4.0 until June, along with new hardware.
    03-28-2010 11:58 AM
    weird... doesnt work for me...
    04-02-2010 06:52 PM
    04-05-2010 12:12 PM
    Haha! You beat me to it, I was just posting this. So psyched!!!!!
    04-05-2010 12:13 PM
    What are you all hoping for? I want improved notifications and I wouldn't hate multitasking a few apps !
    04-05-2010 12:30 PM
    improved battery life...

as long as i can jailbreak, i'm happy with everything else
    04-05-2010 12:39 PM
    I beleive we won't see 4.0 update untill the next iPhone is released.But I'm pretty sure it will be something awsome,though I don't expect any radical UI changes.Multitasking is the first thing that I can think of because of a new (better) CPU and flash is something we'll never ever see on an iPhone/iPad that's for sure.HTML5 could be the next big thing,but who knows when...
    You are probably right but we will "know" something on Thursday. I can hardly imagine that there is anything that I will anticipate the way I did "copy/paste." I will be so busy with my iPad that the wait will be easy.
    04-05-2010 12:43 PM
    What are you all hoping for? I want improved notifications and I wouldn't hate multitasking a few apps !
    Niether of those will generate much buzz.
    04-05-2010 12:49 PM
    You think there will be any talk of new iPhone hardware or will it just be about the 4.0 ipsw????
    04-05-2010 01:06 PM
    I want something similar to SBSettings which I don't see happening. I'd also like something like Quick Reply SMS but I don't see that happening either. Multitasking will be there I'm sure and also customizations would be nice like every other phone on the planet. I'm sure it will be good! I can't wait!

I'm just hoping it is good enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. I'd like to go back to an iPhone thats not jailbroken!
    04-05-2010 01:11 PM
    improved battery life...
    I think it's pretty funny people are asking for improved battery life from an OS update. Unless there's a bug in the firmware battery life really won't change much from one version to another.
    04-05-2010 01:22 PM
    I respectfully disagree.
    04-05-2010 01:24 PM
    I'm just hoping it is good enough for me to ditch my jailbreak. I'd like to go back to an iPhone thats not jailbroken!
    why?

I think it's pretty funny people are asking for improved battery life from an OS update. Unless there's a bug in the firmware battery life really won't change much from one version to another.
    surely they can do something to at least help?
    04-05-2010 01:29 PM
    Never underestimae the power of the schwartz...

I think that would create a ton of buzz. They are the few things that the iPhone is missing that all of its competators have. It is also what everyone is asking for. It is not a huge innovation from a market wide perspective, but it would be huge for the iP
    04-05-2010 01:30 PM
    Not true - anything that optimizes the speed or resource utilization of a process or program contributes to longer battery life.
    04-05-2010 01:38 PM
    Improved notifications.

Multitasking..of the visual variety (webOS). At the very least, a way to navigate between open apps

Tethering...not really a 4.0 feature but something really needed besides the jailbreak method

Integrated apps like email, messaging & ichat, contacts..basically synergy from Palm

Download files from safari.

Print.

Settings on the fly.

Better bluetooth

google nav?

I could go on..lol
    Last edited by cardfan; 04-05-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    04-05-2010 01:40 PM
    I'm also hoping that universal inbox is in this release as well as a way to initiate attachments from within Mail.
    04-05-2010 01:41 PM
    You think there will be any talk of new iPhone hardware or will it just be about the 4.0 ipsw????
    Apple is carefully sccripted and usually talks about what it says it will. If there is anything about h/w, I would expect it to be in the form of a tease
    04-05-2010 01:58 PM
    No hardware. That's another event in June/July..
    04-05-2010 02:27 PM
    I'm also hoping that universal inbox is in this release as well as a way to initiate attachments from within Mail.
    I am not clear on what you mean by "initiate." One can open attachments, e.g., view a pdf, from within mail. That initiates the viewer associated with the attachment type. One can click on a url. That initiates Safari and loads the page. What more are you asking for?
    04-05-2010 02:36 PM
    Anything Apple does generates a buzz. So I'll have to disagree with that statement.

It's not just bugs, it can also be changing a way certain apps operate. A tweak here and there can go a long way. Also, one of their upgrades did have "improved battery", so I don't see why it can't happen again.
    04-05-2010 02:45 PM
    I am not clear on what you mean by "initiate." One can open attachments, e.g., view a pdf, from within mail. That initiates the viewer associated with the attachment type. One can click on a url. That initiates Safari and loads the page. What more are you asking for?
    I believe he means adding an attachment... at least that's what I think as that would be "initiating". If I'm wrong, then he definitely phrased it wrong or doesn't realize an attachment can be opened/viewed from the mail app.
    04-05-2010 02:47 PM
    I want to be in mail and replying to someone and think "Oh, I need to send that pic from yesterday to this person" and be able to click on attach rather than cancelling the email, going to the photoroll, choosing the pic then send by email then recreating the email I just scrapped.
    04-05-2010 03:03 PM
145 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD