Discuss the iPhone OS 4.0 software here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
You should jailbreak yours too! Even if the new OS does allow for more customization, jailbroken phones will still be able to do way more. That's because with jailbreak you get access to the official app-store apps Plus all the jailbreak apps that are to awesome for the app store. Seriously. I lost my jailbreak for a couple days when I accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3 and I had a fraction of the functionality I got with a jailbroken phone.

How did you get your JB back????? My phone locked up and was forced to upgraded and i cant get my JB back, its just not the same with out it.

mbusari

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
iPhone the Best

I think the best iPhone can get an upper hand on the Blackberry is if they can include ichat or something similar to what RIM use to initiate BB Pin Chat will be an incredible add on for the iPhone which already a brilliant phone.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
How about quick reply for sms and email so you never have to leave an application to respond. Also when you hold down the home button and push the volume key up or down at the same time you can move back and forward between your applications.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I think the best iPhone can get an upper hand on the Blackberry is if they can include ichat or something similar to what RIM use to initiate BB Pin Chat will be an incredible add on for the iPhone which already a brilliant phone.

There are a few BBM type apps for free in the app store already

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm a big advocate for iChat for the iPhone/iPad. Also ..great ideas on the quick reply for text messages. It drives me crazy when I just open up a app to play a game or surf the web, and I have to reply to a text and then re-open the app again :(

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
There has to be something good in store for us when 4.0 comes out, at least a 100 new features. If there is no front facing camera, then there should be hd video recording.

cleondann

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have read about few advanced features of iphone OS 4.0 in multitask management and even more efficient and easier GUI. I love to use new iphone applications and awaiting to get this release to home.

canamera

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering...since they postponed the iPad 'till April, are they also postponing the OS 4.0?

I'm asking because they had initially said they were waiting for the iPad release first before releasing OS 4.0. I hope not, cause I'm dying to see whats new!!!

Detective71

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I beleive we won't see 4.0 update untill the next iPhone is released.But I'm pretty sure it will be something awsome,though I don't expect any radical UI changes.Multitasking is the first thing that I can think of because of a new (better) CPU and flash is something we'll never ever see on an iPhone/iPad that's for sure.HTML5 could be the next big thing,but who knows when...

steelew

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
iphone 4.0 wishlist

since there are over 140,000 apps in the apps store you should have an unlimited number of app pages and a better way to sort them. I have over 400 apps because I like trying out new apps but I don't always remember all of their names so I have to go hunting for them that sucks.

I would also like to see easier access to settings like in the jailbreak community (SB settings?) but with out having to worry if the JB app I just downloaded is going to steal all my info. I'm not saying that app will but you don't really know and some of those JB apps look kind of scary.

Multitasking would be cool.

Ability to use an external keyboard oven if you some how just have access tot he phone's UI though itunes or something

App previewing as in video previews in itunes or an app test drive utility inside or outside of itunes.

landscape mode though out

lock screen widgets

iOS Concept

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I have come up with an iPhone OS concept. I called it iOS-X. It is integration of some of Mac OS X features into the current iPhone OS, hence the 'X'.

I have introduced some new concepts on multitasking, accessing applications, managing documents and some other things. It was a long writeup and I did created a new blog just for the purpose of sharing the ideas on this iPhone OS concept. The writeup almost completed and I am slowly updating images to provide better understanding on the ideas.

I invite all to the blog to give feedback and comments. Or, you may write your comments here in this TiPb forum.

The blog is iosconcept.wordpress.com. (Mod: If providing links is against this forum's rule, care to delete it).

webilosopher

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
so many things that *should* be in 4.0:

better global search options (e.g., in more fields of Contacts)

better calendar options (more flexible timing of calendar alarms, re-ordering the alarm times so that "On the day of the event" comes at the top of the list -- I could go on...)

the capacity to group apps into folders

better way of moving app icons around on the screen

the capacity to get to the last page of your apps in one swipe (e.g., swipe once more to the right after you've swiped to get to the search window)

I could go on at great length; these are just off the top of my head...

Druzzy

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Software update iphone

Hey guys. I got an iphone from overseas. Australia to be exact. I live in New Zealand. It says i need an update on my iphone. If i update it here would it lock up my phone or do any harm? seeing as its not from my home country??

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
What says you need an update? The phone? What network are you on? Is the phone working?

"Here?" Where are you? In the US?

iOS Concept

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Druzzy,

You should supply more information about your iPhone such as OS version and firmware in order people to help you (goto Setting >> General >> About).

Nevertheless, I believed iPhone was sold factory unlocked in Australia. Hence, updating to latest OS version should not has any effects what so ever. Unless, the iPhone was jailbreak...

nemeda

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
One feature I would like to see in OS 4.0 is such a simple one, I got on to Apple about it last year. It's basically a quicker way to adjust the brightness of the display. Hold the home button in while using the volume buttons to adjust the brightness! Simple, but I think it would come in so handy.

I also don't think we should expect OS 4.0 until June, along with new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal