Adobe Flash?

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they're working on some flash apps But I haven't read anything about flash support for safari

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that apple has no future plans to implement flash support into the iphone os anytime soon. Honestly I really do not need it for anything and since I never had it on my BB I guess I am used to not having it on my phone.

senseful

Jan 10, 2010
sensefulsolutions.blogspot.com
Currently apps that implement flash cannot be accepted because they are in violation of the SDK agreement which states that you can't run dynamic code on the phone. So Adobe and Apple would need to reach some kind of agreement before this happens. I'm sure that once it becomes popular on the Android though, Apple will have no choice but to add it to the iPhone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Currently apps that implement flash cannot be accepted because they are in violation of the SDK agreement which states that you can't run dynamic code on the phone. So Adobe and Apple would need to reach some kind of agreement before this happens. I'm sure that once it becomes popular on the Android though, Apple will have no choice but to add it to the iPhone.
Do I assume correctly that by "dynamic code" you mean code that modifies itself. I thought that nice people did not do that any more. I can understand that Apple wants to maintain the separation between apps and their data.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Do I assume correctly that by "dynamic code" you mean code that modifies itself. I thought that nice people did not do that any more. I can understand that Apple wants to maintain the separation between apps and their data.

no, code that isn't converted to machine code and ran directly

flash player is an inbetween program kind of like running a console rom in an emulator.