Email Management Help!

Edgebro24

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Came over from the a BB world. I miss the ability to get a prompt when deleting exchange (outlook) emails. I would like to either delete off iPhone AND Desktop or just the iPhone. is this possible?

Thanks for your help

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This is activesync. It delete everywhere, no options otherwise. Complain to Microsoft if you don't like this.

You already get a confirmation prompt when deleting from the message itself, it takes a swipe and press to delete from the screen and deleting en mass takes three actions.

Basically, ignore everything you know about the blackberry. You should move back if you absolutely need certain features only on a blackberry.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If you do not want to see the email on your phone but still want to keep the email for future reference, you have the option to move said email into a different folder such as "drafts". You'll no longer see it in your inbox but you'll still have access to it from your phone and your work computer. It is nice that active sync keeps everthing up to date. That is touted as the main advantage. What you do on your phone is immediatly reflected at work!

Last edited:

blackout128

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I just figured out this problem. I use gmail as my main email. I found out if you configure gmail in a IMAP fashion(Google it), you get the ability I think your looking for. My laptop, iPhone and gmail server are constantly syncing. When I delete an email from my gmail inbox it goes to the All Mail box. It is removed from my iPhone and laptop inbox's but still on the gmail server. This all happens real time. If I delete on my laptop first, it is automatically moved on my iPhone. I hope this helps a little. I am no pro at all, just stuff I recently learned.

jdc

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I came over from a BB8830. I use Pushmail to mimic the general mailbox of the BB maxing out the number of lines it will display. I get a notification on my display and I can read the 5 lines in the history tab of the Pushmail app. This makes it so that I do not have to go into the subfolder structure to read the emails if I don't want to spend the time. I typically leave the emails alone unless it is a particularly long email which I need to read in its entirety. Exchange works pretty similarly to my BB exchange email. I am used to deleting on the device and having the emails delete on the server.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR