I recently purchased a movie using my iTunes account. I have Home Sharing setup and would like to share this purchased movie with my family members connected to my Home Share environment. Is this function available with Home Sharing? If yes, what are the steps to get this purchased movie to all of our iPhones?
    01-06-2010 01:57 PM
    If yes, what are the steps to get this purchased movie to all of our iPhones?
    I understand that we all would like to do this but this is what they (RIAA MPAA) call pirating/stealing/theft/etc. You cannot legally "share" a copy of purchased movies or music on two or more iPhones at the same time.
    01-06-2010 03:11 PM
    actually, this is completely legit if one thing is true:

they all have to be on the exact same itunes account.

bkoyano- if that's true you would use home sharing (try it) and then sync to the iphone
    01-06-2010 03:54 PM
    actually, this is completely legit if one thing is true:

they all have to be on the exact same itunes account.

bkoyano- if that's true you would use home sharing (try it) and then sync to the iphone
    I stand corrected!

Not blowing smoke up your butt or anything, but you always have the most insightful and accurate answers out most people on here.
    01-06-2010 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. I've enabled home sharing will test syncing to the iphones.
    01-06-2010 07:02 PM
    just give them your itunes password and you can share apps and all
    01-06-2010 07:43 PM
    just give them your itunes password and you can share apps and all
    this thread is about the home sharing feature in itunes on the desktop, not apps.
    01-07-2010 09:08 AM
    Home sharing worked and I now can share purchased movies with my family so they can view on their iphones.
    01-07-2010 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD