How many times have you dropped your iPhone?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
As for me, it has only dropped once. Thankfully, there was no visual damage. What about you?
Half a dozen. Twice in parking lots. Once I drove away and did not know that I had dropped it until my Bluetooth beeped. Most recent time was today. So far, no damage.

That said, the hardware is consumable. The value is in the data (e.g., contacts, calendar, music, books, movies, trips) and apps. All of these are backed up.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my 3GS for about a month now
i didn't drop it yet but i was rushing (at work) and forgot it was in my pocket and pretty much dropped a 10lb box right on the screen
i was ****ting myself but luckily there was no damage.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I used to have a leather slipcase for my 3G that clipped to my belt. I was walking my dog around the block when my phone "slipped" out of the slipcase, hit the asphalt landing hard on the phone's corner and then slid 2ft. on it's face. The result?

No scratches on the glass screen...thank God it wasn't plastic....nor was the screen cracked. Plus a small ding on the corner with a few scratches on the casing. The phone still works perfect!

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Once, down a flight of stairs, with the iPhone crashing into my metal and glass entertainment center.

Result; not even a scratch! :D

stuffradio

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Twice, but it's gotten more damage being in my pocket when I used to put my keys in the same pocket, lol. The result? A few scratches on the screen, but nothing too bad.

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
i think i am too paranoid about it.. i never dropped my 3g unless it was on the couch or somewhere soft, and havent dropped my 3gs either... im not always being the most balanced person, but i think i am always watching out in the back of my mind that i dont drop it!

-ND4SPD-

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 weeks now. I just finally got around to putting an incase slider & an invisishield screen protector on it last night. What do you know... Today I dropped it as I'm getting out the car right on the asphalt. Luckily it's undamaged!

P

PRON3

Haven't dropped yet (knocks on wood). Hopefully the speck candyshell works as advertised if a drop occurs...

S.Casey

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Those slip cases are hazardous, I tell you. I used to have a leather one that had a flap that covered the front. It was a tight fit for the longest time. I used to fold the cover back to use the phone at times (to contain it --the cover), but beware b/c the slip mesh fitting sleeve gets loose over time. Don't get accustomed to being able to hold your phone upside down for any reason--pictures or whatever 'cause it will one day fall out. Mine did one night and hit the tile in my foyer. SPLAT.....CLACK...CLACK...CLACK, etc... Not a good sound! Luckily there was no observable damage. I was impressed to say the least. After that, that case was out. I then bought a rubberized, vinyl skinned snap case from 'MyBat' that I have used ever since. I must say here though that I really enjoy the feel of the phone with no case. It has such a cool feel. (sorry, but it does.) I keep it in an empty front pocket of
my jeans when not in use. The prob w/ cases in general is that they don't work with all the accessories and you're constantly
taking them off and on. Bummer. In my truck I have the suction cup holder that attaches to the windshield and holds the phone in accessability and it req. the phone to be naked, so more oft than not I just leave it that way.

P

PRON3

S. Casey - Can't respond directly (too few posts)

Thus far, I've been pleased with the case. A very hard plastic outer shell with rubberized liner and edges. If I ever drop it I'll let you know how it actually worked out.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I drop my 3GS at least 5 times a week. It doesn't even phase me anymore. There are some scratches on the back and a small crack but nothing major. I only use a case while I am snowboarding, but then I put the serious protection on with an otterbox defender.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox