First

Anyone else already planning to wait in line already for the next iPhone?
    01-05-2010 02:50 AM
    I think I might wait in line for the next iPhone! It depends I might just wait a few days or order online
    01-05-2010 04:35 AM
    I am due an upgrade right now, but have decided to wait for the next iphone to come out. Have always been happy with my dumb phones i carry, but am tried of lossing my ipods, i figure i have never lost a phone, so why not buy the iphone and have a phone and ipod in one.
    01-05-2010 06:49 AM
    Hmm wait in line or just order online and let it be delivered to my house first thing in the morning... not a tough choice for me.

(Changed the title of the thread a bit.)
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 01-05-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    01-05-2010 11:23 AM
    I'm standing in line right now. It's cold out!
    01-05-2010 01:32 PM
    I'm standing in line right now. It's cold out!
    Yeah but you are retired Military and do not have anything else to do!!

(JK)
    01-05-2010 01:42 PM
    Hmm wait in line or just order online and let it be delivered to my house first thing in the morning... not a tough choice for me.

Yep...that's what I'm doing. I can now sleep in and have my phone delivered to me. No better way than that!
    01-05-2010 03:45 PM
    Yep...that's what I'm doing. I can now sleep in and have my phone delivered to me. No better way than that!
    Yea, I'm gonna order one online!
    01-05-2010 04:14 PM
    Yeah but you are retired Military and do not have anything else to do!!

(JK)

Haha!
    01-05-2010 05:10 PM
    I have to say I ordered online last year and it came right to my door was nice, except for the fact that it came at 1pm. It was killing me while I watched others posting online that they had received their phones earlier. So I guess I'll have to weigh the simplicity of home delivery and activation (but waiting) versus dealing with AT&T ineptness at the store (instant gratification).
    01-05-2010 05:27 PM
    First

Anyone else already planning to wait in line already for the next iPhone?
    Always have. Why should this year be different? So far it has always been worth it.
    Last edited by whmurray; 01-06-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    01-06-2010 12:30 AM
    I have a 3GS, so I'll probably sit this generation out and wait for next year and then order online like I did for the 3GS if I decide to stick with the platform (likely).
    01-06-2010 10:46 AM
    there will have to be some considerable upgrade, as far as device hardware goes, for me to do all of this "standing in line" you speak of. As of now, if they do a good overhaul to the UI and everything works pleasantly on my 3GS, i'll stick with it til the 5G probably, unless I just feel like blowing money one day....
    01-06-2010 01:13 PM

Hmm didn't know you could do that. It sounds a lot better than having to wait hours in line. Where do you order it online from and does it get delivered the same day it's released?
    01-10-2010 03:19 AM
    I just got my 3GS a few months ago, so I'll probably wait until 2011 if they're releasing a new version then.
    01-10-2010 06:44 AM
    I am definately getting the new phone (if one comes out). Last year I ordered online and it arrived the day of the release at 10am! What a fantastic joy!! Can't wait!! But I've heard no rumors! Zilch!
    01-11-2010 01:35 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade now, I just have to hold off till the summer and see what Apple has up their selves. Self control is what is need. That and other phones to play with in the mean time. By the way there is no way I'd stay in line when I could order online and get it the next day. I most likely won't be off the day of the release any way.
    Last edited by cajunrph; 01-12-2010 at 12:12 AM.
    01-12-2010 12:10 AM
    Well last year i didnt have to wait in line.. i was getting my brakes fixed... looked over and saw that there wasnt a line so i went and go it ... if there had been a line i might still have my storm to this day...
    01-24-2010 09:46 PM
    Waiting in line for sure. It's fun. Usually people are pretty excited and happy because they're stoked on a new product. It's a different beast than waiting in line on black friday or waiting in line at the deli. Good way to meet new people also - never know who's going to be your next boss or best friend.
    01-25-2010 10:49 AM
    Didn't wait in line for the 3G or 3GS so probably gonna do the pre-order but and wait for it to arrive. Hate to say it but my pre-order is based on a serious hardware update as well as software update including app management.....I hate not remembering the name or icon of an app I need and have not used in a while.
    01-25-2010 01:21 PM
    I'm going to have to wait before I upgrade. Too many variables this time around. Do I upgrade or get a tablet? With AT&T whining about too much data usage, maybe the next iPhone will have tiered data plans. Maybe the iPhone will go to Verizon. Maybe the next iPhone will be another evolution like the 3G and 3GS. I already had to replace my 3GS, so the thought of shelling out more money again is a bit of a turn off.
    01-25-2010 09:34 PM
    I'm going to have to wait before I upgrade. Too many variables this time around. Do I upgrade or get a tablet? With AT&T whining about too much data usage, maybe the next iPhone will have tiered data plans. Maybe the iPhone will go to Verizon. Maybe the next iPhone will be another evolution like the 3G and 3GS. I already had to replace my 3GS, so the thought of shelling out more money again is a bit of a turn off.
    AT&T is only whining cause they know that the iPHone and a tethered tablet will destroy their network without tiered pricing.

And if the tablet is kool, I will get both
    01-25-2010 10:09 PM
    AT&T is only whining cause they know that the iPHone and a tethered tablet will destroy their network without tiered pricing.

And if the tablet is kool, I will get both
    AT&T is whining because that is what a "steaming pile of failure does."

9 million new iPhones this quarter must really be stressing them. One report yesterday suggested that when the gloves come off, T-Mobile will be the first new carrier. Makes sense. GSM. Simple, new SIM. International service. May have to buy a new phone, locking and all that. Since I ordered from Apple at list price, I have no contract. Cheap at the price.

Tiered pricing, indeed. Competitive pricing. We will see how many of the new customers AT&T got from their iPhone affinity they have managed to turn into loyal customers.
    01-26-2010 09:29 AM
    I am not due for an upgrade, but I will be in June. My wife will as well.

Probably get a couple of the new phones. Last time didn't have to stand in line for the 3GS, just went in and got one.
    01-26-2010 09:34 AM
    It helps when you know people who work at a AT&T store and they hold one back for you so you don't have to do the lines.... I love my peeps
    01-26-2010 01:41 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD