iphone tunes through car stereo

omar8012

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
what do i need to listen to the songs on my iphone through my car stereo system? what do i need, how do i get it and is it simple. i dont want to hook and unhook anything meaning "no screwdrive needed".

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Easiest it just to get a radio transmitter type device. Several are available (from Monster, Belkin, Griffin etc.). Just plug it into the cigarette lighter and the iphone dock connecter (or headphone jack) and set the broadcast frequency to an unused one on your radio dial.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Over the years I've tried a few of those, and would always come across areas where there was some sort of interference that would create static or fuzz. Didn't seem to matter what frequency I was on, I could never drive for more than five or ten minutes before hitting more fuzz. It usually wouldn't last long, but anything at all was more than I care for. The other options seem to be a car deck that has either an auxiliary input or supports Bluetooth A2DP, or a cassette adapter.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
If there's no aux input, then the radio transmitter type devices are the best bet for a "no screwdriver" type install. I thought the monster one worked well when I had it (but the model I used was many years ago before iPhone). As a previous post stated, as you travel across areas, you'll find areas of interference. I'm not saying it's the cleanest and clearest solution, but it involves no real installation process. If your stereo deck has an aux input, then obviously go that route. I assumed that since you were asking, it didn't have one. I don't have a "best" one to recommend. Maybe check out amazon and google ratings before deciding on one.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I've used both radio transmitter and cassette adapter, and was MUCH happier w/ the cassette adapter. If you don't have an aux-in on your stereo, and want a cheap solution, this is the way to go. If you don't mind spending a little more, I've heard good things about the Jabra bluetooth.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW