Can someone tell me where photos are stored on iPhone?

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I know where the camera roll is, that's easy to find. But for some reason i'm having trouble finding photos that I have synced from my computer. I've been using iPhone explorer to get music and videos to my computer but I really need those pics! What is the path?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Do you see those said photos in the 'Photo Library'? Also, on your pc, do you have the photos in folders? If yes, are those folders not on your device?

Lastly, while the device is connected to iTunes, go to the Photos tab, what's set to sync? Make sure it's even set to sync. Maybe it's not ;)

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Here's what happened. Everything was synced before my hard drive crashed. I hade two different folders showing up Under photo library. Then it crashed now I need to restore my phone and re jailbreak necause my phone is messed up. But before I do that I need pictures of my son off the phone. But I don't knoW where the photos are stored on the phone so that I can get them off. Since my hard drive crashed I've only synced contacts and music. What I'm looking for is var/mobile/library something like that. once I know the path i'm gravy.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
i think i found it. it's not in var.

go to: user/media/DCIM/100APPLE

good luck recovering your precious pictures =)

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
That folder has the camera roll but that's it. There is a folder in var/mobile/media/photos/thumbs this folder has a few thumb files but the file size is larger one is 203mb. Could this be it?

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok I've used iFile to seach for .jpg files and .png files but they don't show up. Now I don't even know what I'm looking for. :(

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
iPhone folders\Francis Cavalier?s iPhone\DCIM\102APPLE

This is where they are on my phone , but you dont need to have Iphone folders to get to them . Just plug your phone in and they should come up , then just drag the off the phone .

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Everything has gotten so much worse. I decided to forget about the pictures, I just wanted to restore and move on.

I open iTunes, click on restore and it says there is no software available for my phone. Something like that. Weird. There was a series of events that took place between that and trying to run blackra1n again. Blackra1n put my phone in recovery mode and now it says to connec to itunes but itunes doesn't detect it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, held down the buttons blah blah blah... what now?

Magyver1

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Address of "Syncd pictures" on iphone

I know this is probably way too late to help but it might be of use to the next weary traveller who comes this way.
The address of sync'd photos on the iphone is;

/var/mobile/media/photos/thumbs

there you will find folders containing the sync'd photos BUT of course they are randomised in much the same way your music is so you will find sub folders with numbers such as;

F00 F01 F02 F03 etc

and then each picture file with the folder will be titled with some random letters such as;

AYFH.jpg CZUF.jpg FRCP.jpg etc

The problem with this is that you can't create a new folder or move pictures about without the ability to edit the "Photo Database" which keeps track of all the F00 folders and the AYFH.jpgs within, ensuring they all go to their appropriate parent folder when viewed via the camera roll. Why on earth anyone would take the time to make the file system like this is beyond me but I am sure someone at crApple asked Steve Jobsworth abouth this and got told to f##k off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2