Not enough free space to sync with 7GB free?

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Running Windows 7, iTunes 9.02.25, 32GB 3GS, all of which were running and syncing fine until yesterday.

Last week I purchased a TiVo and installed the TiVo desktop software allowing the TiVo to play music and photos from my computer. I don't think I launched iTunes again until yesterday when the problems began.

When I launched iTunes it did some kind of library management, and I didn't pay much mind to it thinking a new version of iTunes had been installed or something. When I tried syncing the 3GS I got the "not enough free space" error, and I finally did a "restore" on the phone since nothing else seemed to work.

I currently have over 7GB free and still get the error. I've disabled the TiVo software just in case. While typing this, I tried selecting "consolidate library" in iTunes, and was surprised it now seems to be moving all my music back under it's control. I think the TiVo software had used a Windows app (Windows Media Player?) in it's configuration.

The music consolidation will take a while. Anyone have ideas as to the solution?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

--Rick

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, consolidating the music files didn't help. I haven't found any solutions from doing a search for "not enough free space" except for one note on another board saying his problem had something to do with a networked drive.

This is really frustrating as I'm only trying to add a few photos or a genius playlist, nothing more than a few hundred MB.

--Rick

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Consolidating music just organizes it all and moves copies of the original files into the iTunes folder so everything is all in one place.

I would suggest reinstalling iTunes. Check for Windows updates. Make sure all your drivers are up to date.

What does this TiVo software do exactly?

If all this fails I would say restore your computer to before you installed the TiVo software and then try again.

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Did a restore to a point prior to the TiVo install, problem remained. Re-installed iTunes, problem remained. Windows and drivers are up to date.

The TiVo desktop software allowed the TiVo DVR to play music and photos wirelessly from my computer network.

I'm stumped.

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Figured I should update this since the problems has been solved. Somehow my entire iTunes music library became duplicated. Once i deleted all the duplicates, the phone sync fine again with no free space errors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro