I was using a Blackberry for 4 years. Recently I had been using my iPhone and BB on a
    BB data plan which was working fine. All I was missing was the PUSH Yahoo mail
    whenever I was using the iPhone.

But today I decided to switch to my iPhone plan because I'm once and for all getting
    rid of my Blackberry. I was hardly using it anymore anyway.
    12-29-2009 06:07 PM
    Before my iPhone I was a BB curve user, which was my first smartphone. I made the jump 6 months ago and have never looked back. Only regret was opting for the 3G over the 3GS. I thought I was being fiscally responsible giving up zippyness, recording, etc
    12-29-2009 06:22 PM
    not many phones have flash anyway so i dont consider that a flaw.
    the only flaw in my eyes is battery life, but im over it now.
    all around amazing device(:

i had the blackberry 9000 AND 9700 before the 3GS, just saying lol.
    12-29-2009 06:33 PM
    Ive had my iPhone 3GS for a little less then a month now and wouldnt think of going back to BlackBerry after using it. I loved my BlackBerry Storm, was one of the lucky ones with a working one, but now I love my iPhone. Its UI is so much more user friendly and its so easy to use compared to the BlackBerry. I love the fact I dont have to close apps and my battery life is so much better. I look forward to contributing here as I did on Crackberry.
    12-29-2009 06:36 PM
    New to the iPhone, only had it 4 weeks, but thought I'd chime in.

Pros:
    . Tabbed browsing. Fast boot up.

Cons:
    . No flash for the camera (dumb).
    . Menu wise, it's kind of ***** proof, meaning it doesn't have nearly as many on screen options.
    . No multi tasking unless you jailbreak it. Apps open quickly though, which makes up for that somewhat.
    12-29-2009 06:56 PM
    I have a digital camera. Makes up for the lack of flash on the iPhone. However, my digital camera is a piece of **** because it doesn't have a phone in it.
    12-29-2009 08:13 PM
    I'm about this 1 - - - - 1 close to doing the same...

I was using a Blackberry for 4 years. Recently I had been using my iPhone and BB on a
    BB data plan which was working fine. All I was missing was the PUSH Yahoo mail
    whenever I was using the iPhone.

But today I decided to switch to my iPhone plan because I'm once and for all getting
    rid of my Blackberry. I was hardly using it anymore anyway.
    12-29-2009 08:51 PM

Cons: (I was getting "no service" for a day and a half before it dawned on me that I should reset the thing, !

Next time you can just toggle the Airplane mode. That'll force the phone to look for a signal. When it says " no service " , it's only searches every few minutes so you won't get service as soon as you're able to.

Side note : you can also turn the phone into airplane mode when you know you can't get service (like underground) to save battery.
    12-29-2009 09:13 PM
    texting on the iphone is a joke- if you attempt anything near the speed you can reach on a blackberry you get total nonsense. you also have to stare at the screen to type anything close to accurate, making it dangerous for driving. if you use your phone for messaging above anything else, you will count the days until you contract expires and you can go back to a bb, as i do.
    12-29-2009 09:14 PM
    Apprently you werent texting on a BlackBerry Storm. The iPhone is 200 times easier to text on then the Storm.
    12-29-2009 09:35 PM
    I'm also in the way of be new Iphone user this january and leave my Blackberry out of the road.
    12-29-2009 09:36 PM
    not many phones have flash anyway so i dont consider that a flaw.
    the only flaw in my eyes is battery life, but im over it now.
    all around amazing device(:

i had the blackberry 9000 AND 9700 before the 3GS, just saying lol.
    When ur biggest competition has flash and iPhone does not Its definitely a drawback
    12-29-2009 09:47 PM
    Thanks for more of your responses i am definitely more excited Thursday is when i get my 32g iphone in white cant wait.
    12-29-2009 09:55 PM
    texting on the iphone is a joke- if you attempt anything near the speed you can reach on a blackberry you get total nonsense. you also have to stare at the screen to type anything close to accurate, making it dangerous for driving. if you use your phone for messaging above anything else, you will count the days until you contract expires and you can go back to a bb, as i do.
    "...making it dangerous for driving." Ahem...you shouldn't be texting while driving in the first place.
    12-29-2009 10:00 PM
    I have a digital camera. Makes up for the lack of flash on the iPhone. However, my digital camera is a piece of **** because it doesn't have a phone in it.
    That's not the kind of flash I was referring to.

But the iPhone should have both kinds of flashes

a browser without flash is like a camera without flash Iphone has both of these problems
    Last edited by drian; 12-29-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    12-29-2009 10:04 PM
    Been an iPhone addict for about a year now and so far nothing compares to it. Since there are so many pros, I think it'll be easier to name a few cons.
    -no flash player
    -persistent service problems
    -sudden app crashes
    -no camera/video flash
    -poor service areas
    -phone crashes
    -expensive apps
    12-29-2009 10:12 PM
    Been an iPhone addict for about a year now and so far nothing compares to it. Since there are so many pros, I think it'll be easier to name a few cons.
    -expensive apps
    Are you kidding me?? There are plenty of quality apps that are free. Most of the top paid apps range from .99 to 2.99. If that's too much money, you might have the wrong phone.
    12-29-2009 10:30 PM
    This is going to Ramble a little so sorry in advance.

Just made the switch from Blackberry to iPhone 3Gs. Wife and I had new Bold 9700's and Daughter had a Bold 9000.

Here is why we made the change and the results.

We are a small business with a Blackberry Professional Server (BPS) which is a scaled down BES with NO support or updates coming from RIM. No HTML Email support etc... We have an exchange server so with that, we were left with the choice to do without either true Enterprise email/contacts/calendar wireless sync and get HTML Email, OR... Buy a full blown BB Enterprise server for $3000. PLUS we had to pay $45 per month per line ($15 more per line) for our BB data plan to have the enterprise connectivity at all. If Blackberry had a viable, affordable small business solution, we would never have even considered making a change, but since they don't, we did. We will save $540 per year on data plans over the three lines, we will also have Exchange sync without another resource intensive application running on our server.

When we got our new 9700 Bolds, it seemed like more same ole' same ole'. Nothing really new, same old slow app world, same old BB that we hade been using for the last 5 years. We really expected something more to be coming, but nothing seems to be on the horizon that is really innovative and new.

PROS - Exchange Active Sync, Web Browsing, Applications, Innovation, and Speed. Also, what seems to be a manufacturer who is looking ahead to what the user wants instead of having the, it is what it is attitude that RIM seems to have.

CONS - Typing lerning curve, no single box for multiple email accounts, no multi tasking. Without Jailbreak, cant change some of the message tones. (All things I can get over).

Bottom line, none of us have any desire to switch back to our Blackberry. We actually sold all three of them on Ebay!
    12-29-2009 11:07 PM
    CONS - Typing lerning curve, no single box for multiple email accounts, no multi tasking. Without Jailbreak, cant change some of the message tones. (All things I can get over).
    Those are pretty much the same cons I would come up with along with no flash support for Safari.

I hated the virtual keyboard for about a month. But the more I typed on it, the better I got. And with Apple FINALLY introducing landscape mode in OS 3.0, I was able to increase my speed and accuracy.

I love my 3G, even with it's shortcomings. The only way I'll ever upgrade is if Apple comes out with a phone that has significant improvements and upgrades to the UI and hardware.
    12-29-2009 11:47 PM
    As long as you're saddled with your iPhone, try Dragon Dictation. And yeah, texting is dangerous for driving.
    12-30-2009 03:49 AM
    That's not the kind of flash I was referring to.

But the iPhone should have both kinds of flashes

a browser without flash is like a camera without flash Iphone has both of these problems
    A camera flash is meant for bright sunny days to fill in light on someone's face when the shade is on them. It's not for taking pics in caves and stuff. If you're outside, just move. No big deal.
    12-30-2009 08:29 AM
    "...making it dangerous for driving." Ahem...you shouldn't be texting while driving in the first place.
    AMEN to that!! Don't think me too rude but you are an ***** if you text/email and drive! I drive and talk on the phone for a living (Sales). I ONLY use BT (hand-off) earpieces to talk and I NEVER text/email while driving. WAAAAY too dangerous!
    12-30-2009 08:47 AM
    Tell me about it. It's dangerous just driving here in Virginia, much less texting at the same time. These people here in Virginia could wreck a rollercoaster...which is why I stopped going to Busch Gardens. These people couldn't keep their cars on the road if the tires were made of Velcro.
    12-30-2009 09:20 AM
    I once saw a girl driving on the freeway while reading a People magazine at the same time. Amazing how stupid some people can be. No wonder why there's so many accidents on the road.
    12-30-2009 09:53 AM
    For the life of me, I can't understand why people say that it is a drawback.
    hey hey....a fellow virginian......Im in Portsmouth.....liked the comment about drivers here though...you know its supposed to rain all weekend right...you know what that means
    12-30-2009 10:08 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD