Hello iphone goodbye blackberry

sanchez1980us

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello iphone addicts in a few days im leaving blackberry and getting me a 32g iphone 3gs in white. I was just wondering what are the pros and cons of the iphone? :D

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
pros-the phone is very easy to use but is very deep and is capable of more than any phone, ipod works great, apps are awesome and texting is done best on this phone than any other. safari is also the best browser on a mobile device period.
cons-apple's restrictions are kind of annoying to some, but i don't mind paying them for everything since they make quality products.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Congrats. My wife and I both switched from Blackberries recently to the 32gb 3Gs. Her's white, mine black. We both like the iPhone more than our previous blackberries but there are some drawbacks.

Pros: the iphone's browser, iPod, and application library beats the socks off the blackberry. If you like to use your phone to keep you entertained and kill time besides just making phone calls and checking/sending emails, you will love the iPhone. With my blackberry's browser, I couldn't even track a package on the UPS site because the berry's browser couldn't handle scripts correctly.

Cons: battery life is a concern with the iPhone because the screen is bigger, and with all the multi-media you'll be using on the iPhone, it'll suck up juice faster. The email delivery is not as reliable as what blackberry offers. Sometimes I have to open my email app just to find out that I have email waiting for me, so notifications just don't always come thru. I miss the red LED message indicator that the blackberry had.

Overall though, we prefer the iPhone to the Berry.

Last edited:

ksundar

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
If emails are damn important,then there is no point in leaving BlackBerry,it is still THE BEST!
Since there is frequent "Outage" problem with MobileMe! I use my BOLD along with 3GS,

When it comes to anything else apart from mails,then there is NO match for iPhone 3GS,ultimate in multimedia,browsing,games,utilities and so on and on....endless...!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone still can do email. It's a myth that the Blackberry is better at email. I have my Gmail set up as an Exchange account and there are no outages like Blackberry. And even if Google has GMail problems, you still can use the rest of the data services, unlike when Blackberry went down.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Since there is frequent "Outage" problem with MobileMe! I use my BOLD along with 3GS.

There were only frequent "outages" when MobileMe first came out. It has been very stable for quite some time now. I can't even remember when the last "outage" was.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
you will love your new iPhone, your friends and familywill hate your new iPhone because you will be spending endless hours playing with your new toy and neglecting them...

Enjoy you will love it

oh and when typing, trust the pretype it works well

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I've never owned a Blackberry, so take this with a grain of salt, but

Pros: excellent ease of use, almost everything is intuitive, right out of the box; web browsing is a treat and I usually don't miss having a laptop; emails work fine; calendar works fine; both emails and calendar can be synced with Google if you're not using MobileMe; soft keyboard is much easier to use, more flexible (i.e. allows for use of things like ? and  [emoji] without any hastle), and allows more screen real estate (without the easy-to-break slide-out feature) than a physical keyboard; and it makes for a pretty good reader/gaming device/music device/reference tool/bookkeeping tool/etc.

Cons: it does have to be rebooted occasionally, being a little computer and all (I was getting "no service" for a day and a half before it dawned on me that I should reset the thing, and I missed seeing Avatar with my father, brother and nephew--d'oh!); it has a short battery life, but only if you use it to take full advantage of what it can do, all the time--for occasional phone calls and emails, it will last more than a day (but I still charge it every night just to be safe); the iTunes store is literally at your fingertips--I list this as a con because you *will* buy things, watch out for those impulses!

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I personally dont think it has a short battery life as much as I use it so much, comparing the iPhone to another phone which I used just for text messages ofcourse the battery life is shorter

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Seriously??

Maybe he's trying to say it sucks up resources on the phone but I don't care about that. All I know is that I cannot view a lot of videos that I want to see on the phone. Just yesterday, I wanted to view a video on CNN, but couldn't because the phone doesn't support flash. So what's the workaround for that huh? Just don't watch the video or find a laptop to watch it on? Lol. Come on! A lot of videos posted on news sites and basic rendering of company homepages require flash support.