Hi,

Im a newbie to the site and to the iphones. Just got a 3g. I have some issues with the way the numbers are stored to activate the caller id... sometimes if I store +1 before the number the person's number may just come up when they are calling but other times it doesnt, if I store it without the plus sign or sometimes the 1 it may come up and sometimes it doesnt...can anyone help me figure this out??? I would really like to know who is calling and not just the number...

Carigirl
    12-25-2009 08:03 PM
    I've never had this happen with my 3G. All of my numbers are stored in this format: (555) 555-1234 and the name of the caller pops up every single time.

I guess a little background info about he phone will help others troubleshoot for you. Since it's a 3G, I can only assume you bought it used or refurbed?? Is the phone jailbroken? Are you running the latest firmware? Have you tried restoring as a new phone through iTunes?
    12-25-2009 11:56 PM
    The number has to match what comes across in caller ID
    each time. Does it?
    12-26-2009 08:12 AM
    The numbers where you added +1 to the beginning - they do also have the correct brackets () around the city/area code?
    12-28-2009 04:49 PM
    The numbers where you added +1 to the beginning - they do also have the correct brackets () around the city/area code?
    You don't have to worry about the brackets. The phone is smart enough to take care of that for you. I can't say that for all phones I've owned.
    12-28-2009 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD