Front Facing Camera

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I see a lot of people wanting a front facing camera. Do you guys who want that want a front and rear facing camera? To me a front facing camera only would be worse. I take more pictures of other people than I do my self - same for video?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
If the new phone coming out next year doesn't have one I'll be very disappointed, they take up little space and are dirt cheap these days, and lots of phones out there have had them for years. We have all these cool new apps that can stream live video and stuff, but with no front facing camera there is still no way to do two way video calls. Think of the Stickam app but now you can stream too instead of just watching.

I think with the competition Apple really needs to step things up next year, being able to to do video calls with other iphones would be one way to do that, they could put a toggle in the screen that has all your options when you make a call (mute/keypad/speaker/add call/hold/contacts/video call). It needs to happen.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't want or need one. If you are gonna be streaming like that just use a webcam hooked to a computer. Battery life is sparse now, imagine what it will be like with that! I really don't think people would use it near as much as they think they would. That's just my opine.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Subsidized or not, I don't want anything that's, (in my opinion) trivial, added which may raise the cost of development/production of the iPhone. Plus I don't want the phone looking like some tricked out gangsta car. Leave that garbage to the competition. Keep the iPhone slim, sleek, and sexy. Sometimes less is more.

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
come on guys, think of the hot pictures we'll get of half naked chicks when they put a camera on the front where those girls can SEE what they look like and actually pose! lmao JK...no more mirror shots!

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I would only want a front facing camera if it's at least 3MPs. The phones I've seen tend to have an inferior front facing camera.

If the iPhone gets a front facing camera , it better be 3.2 and the back one 5.0.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
A front facing camera seems stupid to me. I never want to video chat on my iPhone or anything else for that matter.

On a side note, I think the iPhone is killing my typing. I keep hitting double space bar to put in a period.

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
On a side note, I think the iPhone is killing my typing. I keep hitting double space bar to put in a period.

I had to take a keyboarding/typing class my junior year of highschool. It was a requirement for graduation. We had typewriters back in those days...the late 80's....man I'm old. :D It was standard practice to double space between punctuations. If we didn't, we lost points on our grade. So you're really doing things old school. ;)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, people need to think out of the box, it wasn't long ago people were saying the same negative things about cameras in cell phones, or video games, or mp3 players. Phones can be charged virtually anywhere these days, our homes, our cars, even the beach if you get one of those solar chargers. If companies stop innovating because people are worried about battery life then what's the point of owning a smartphone? If Apple doesn't do it others will.

The uses for a front facing camera are more than just video calls too, just like the amazing things that can be done with the 3GS's compass enabled augmented reality apps, a front facing camera as well can bring in a whole new world of possibilities.

Is The iPhone The Key To The Future Of Video Chat? - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog

6a00e55225079e8834011571c51405970b-500pi

YouTube - Apple 3D for Construction

YouTube - Head Tracking for Desktop VR Displays using the WiiRemote

We probably wouldn't any apps at all if Apple thought like some here.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I would like a front facing camera. It's so difficult to take a picture of yourself and a friend without one. But of course I wouldn't want it to to be a replacement to the back camera, but an addition.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been wanting Apple to add one since I first owned an iPhone.

Adding iChat could give people who love BBM, something to cure their loss from not using a BlackBerry.

Oddly enough I just don't see it happening though. Apple seems to be behind on the simple ideas and ahead on the complicated ones - LOL :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73