Sending...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

...tell me something, if I'm using SimplyTweet, Tweetie 2, Facebook, BeeJive or other applications like that, that when you send\post a message it say's, "Sending", if I press the HOME button BEFORE it's finished, would my message still get delivered?

Just curious, especially since I hear people talk about the iPhone not supporting true 'multitasking'.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No. the app is sending the message and when you press home it closes the app

it multi-tasks just fine. it just doesn't run third party apps in the background. there is a difference

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've posted on FB a few times and hit the home button while it was "Posting..." and I
remember quite distinctly that the posts' didn't post.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Morning all -

...tell me something, if I'm using SimplyTweet, Tweetie 2, Facebook, BeeJive or other applications like that, that when you send\post a message it say's, "Sending", if I press the HOME button BEFORE it's finished, would my message still get delivered?

Just curious, especially since I hear people talk about the iPhone not supporting true 'multitasking'.
when using simplytweet or Ping they have something in common. The sending status is the same as the messages app. so when you hit send or post you can exit the app. Don't ask me how it works I just know from experience. Try it out!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
when using simplytweet or Ping they have something in common. The sending status is the same as the messages app. so when you hit send or post you can exit the app. Don't ask me how it works I just know from experience. Try it out!

i have found this to be true of simplytweet as well. even while sending SMS/email i can hit Home button while still sending and my message is sent just fine.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i have found this to be true of simplytweet as well. even while sending SMS/email i can hit Home button while still sending and my message is sent just fine.

really? 3g 3.1.2 model here, and i tried this just......now.. and my tweet was not posted using simplytweet. SMS is a different story thats a native app. ive locked my phone while sending sms and it sends them, its just a built in feature..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro