Must have in a new iPhone

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
It's more so the little things that bother me the most.
Here is my list.

Finder for supported Files ( update for iTunes for Finder )
( instead of needing wifi to transfer apps with similar apps )

Begin to add Photos from a brand new email
- Add multiple attachments ( if finder becomes a core app )

3G Toggle on Settings Main Menu !

- Create Calender events from Mail or text message
( as you can in OS X )
- Universal Inbox

Voice Memo should record phone conversations.

Spotlight
-Should have a search History
-Searches the web
-Search for SMS and Calender

Maps
- Voice
- Alternate routes
- Edit routes with multiple stops
- Auto-adjust route if user goes off route.

Screen
- Set brightness time out.

App Store
- copy within app store

iPod
- copy n paste lyrics into song
- Repeat /Shuffle on iPod Shortcut

Camera
- pinch to zoom
- ( higher resolution ? )

Dictionary
- a section in the settings to add our own words.
- words from apps, music artist names automatically added.

YouTube
- the video should not restart if I recieve a call.

Contacts
- edit groups

bc8240#IM

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Minor things:

- Higher screen resolution. (less black on the front and more screen)
- Some type of software on the lockscreen that can replace the functionality of Intelliscreen
- Ability to change the black wallpaper.
- Add another tab at the top of the phone recent tab for out going calls
- Add an easy way to skip to the bottom of a page in Safari.
- Full screen in Safari with no top and bottom borders. (Something similar to where the border disappears in Youtube when screen is tapped.)
- Make it so Safari doesn't auto refresh every time I go to Safari?.this happens a lot when I click a link within Safari and another page is opened. When I return to the original page it refreshes. Not always but a lot. (Unnecessarily wastes the battery)
- A better notification system!
- A quicker way to toggle Wifi, 3G, GPs, Bluetooth,.....
- Custom alert tones - email, text, notifications?
- Background application for none apple applications (even if it was only limited to certain apps)
- LED light
- A way to skip to a specific page on springboard (the dots are there on the bottom of springboard, you should be able to run your finger over that area to move to different pages)
- Navigation in Google Maps
- Signal bars that are accurate!
- Combined email mailbox
- A way to see and respond to text, emails, notification while using another app.
- Spotlight ? that searches the web
- When I first unlock my phone I would to be presented with information, news, missed text, phone calls, weather something other then rows of applications.

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see:

-UI Redesign
-Web Search included in Spotlight
-Widgets
-Redisgned Notes App
-Deletion of STOCKS App
-HD Screen
-5MP Cam W/Flash
-FLASH!!!!
-Better Photo Editing

Customization should be looked at more. Although, its not the most important aspect by any means, it is a big part of what makes a phone attractive. The case design is brilliant, now lets work on the UI. :)

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Voice Memo should record phone conversations.

One reason this would not be put into use is because without the consent of the party on the other end, recording someones voice in conversation is illegal. The laws may have changed, but to my knowledge that is correct.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
One reason this would not be put into use is because without the consent of the party on the other end, recording someones voice in conversation is illegal. The laws may have changed, but to my knowledge that is correct.

In most (many) states, the law is that at least one person must be aware of the recording. That includes yourself as you are a part of the conversation.

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
In most (many) states, the law is that at least one person must be aware of the recording. That includes yourself as you are a part of the conversation.

Basically, but I guess Im thinking along the lines of using the conversation on record, in court, etc. lol I know you cant use it for monetary or legal gain without that party knowing they are being recorded. Unless YOU are the law...

mrburns05

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Here we go

In order of importance:

1. Forward facing camera for video chat
2. FM transmitter. Seriously, should be integrated
3. Fix home button: there is a small opening directly under the button facing into the screen under glass and I work in a dusty environment, after so much effort to keep dust out, it still finds a way under there and I have to schedule an appointment with apple store to have it replaced (yup - dust under glass is covered by factory warranty, and I'm taking full advantage of it until they fix this issue ).
4. Faster CPU , I hear there's a new chip being made that can fit twice the "stuff" in it = meaning better performance, cooler operation = better battery life. Let's all hope for that one.
5. better camera . This 3gs is great , but I guess as goes for any camera on any phone "Could be better", a little... Please?

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I would have to say a better notification system, perhaps a better screen, camera's will improve anyway so that's not a big issue.

It would be nice to have more custimization without the jailbreak, but i would still probably do it anyway so it's not a problem.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, You could be right because I see a lot less phones that can record phone conversations. However, I see on the news all the time people submit recorded phone conversations and voicemail messages all the time.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
3. Fix home button: there is a small opening directly under the button facing into the screen under glass and I work in a dusty environment, after so much effort to keep dust out, it still finds a way under there and I have to schedule an appointment with apple store to have it replaced (yup - dust under glass is covered by factory warranty, and I'm taking full advantage of it until they fix this issue ).

I have dust under my screen too. I've replaced the iPhone only once since I had the 3GS and I think its time to revisit the apple store again.

I think it affects the electric conductivity as well because some keys don't work as well on the keyboard. I have one relatively huge spec on the part of the screen that doesn't show the keyboard when in portrait mode.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
camera flash and missed call/message notification light

There's already a missed phone indicator. It shows up as a red badge on your phone icon. A flashing light gone unnoticed would drain the battery even more and people would ***** about not having a way to turn the light off. Trust me. I know Apple users. They do nothing but *****.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro