Must have in a new iPhone

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
With all the new phones coming out recently (Droid, HTC HD2, Nokia N900) or soon (Google Phone) what do you think are some features, abilities, or changes that the new iPhone will need to stay relevant. This is assuming that the 4th Gen iPhone comes out in June (2010) with OS 4.0.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
-Higher resolution screen
-Some sort of new notification system, current one is starting to be not very pleasent to use.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
widgets! or some sort of a customizable home screen. something to make me not just like all the others. for something thats supposed to make me think different, i look just like everyone else thinking different, thereby making me think the same! LOL

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
At all of the pettiness that everybody want for the next iphone no wonder they keep releasing the same damn phone's.The droids crap all over this Iphone ....Let's see droid is at 2.0 Iphone is at 3.1
This is seriously the freaking gag

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Better management of notifications would be great. I would also like to be able to add custom themes and email tones without having to jailbreak. And for the love of man, get rid of that slick shiny plastic case. A matte finish would be nice.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a short list of things that would be nice ( in order of importance to me)

1)BETTER BATTERY LIFE
2)New app and UI management, it's just too damn cluttered now
3)More storage ( ex 64GB as opposed to a max of 32)
4)New notification system
5)Produce a proper resolution video instead of the current iphone screen one
6)Camera and video camera zoom
7)21 MB/S where supported?
8)Camera flash
9)New hardware look. Current one is dated.
10) Oleophobic all over ;)
11) Wireless sync like in the Zunes
12) Custom themes and tones without jailbreak
13) For the love of god a understandable app approval process.

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
1. Better screen for sure. The DROID's screen makes the iPhone look blurry.
2. Better notification system
3. Some background/multitasking, even if it's minimal or limited to a certain number of apps.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
3. Some background/multitasking, even if it's minimal or limited to a certain number of apps.

Agreed and I would add aside from the phone apps, let me choose which apps I want to multitask.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

and camera flash plus the illuminating logo. so when I take a picture of someone they see the apple logo instead of stars ha

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
At all of the pettiness that everybody want for the next iphone no wonder they keep releasing the same damn phone's.The droids crap all over this Iphone ....Let's see droid is at 2.0 Iphone is at 3.1
This is seriously the freaking gag

Dear SPRINT,

please waive all penalties/fees on this individual.

thank you

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Dear SPRINT,

please waive all penalties/fees on this individual.

thank you

No need to show envy darling
e2733.gif