Not finding wifi

jetv1r

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i have new 3gs ver.3.1.2 JB my problem is, its not registering any wifi connection on my fon, even if i put in the network name and security details, it doesn't recognize my wifi, there is a lot of wifi in our area that is being able to see by my laptop but my iphone doesn't. Need some help pls.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
does the phone see the wifi connection at all?

what are the security settings on the wifi? (don't need key, just the type setup)

what is the model of the router? are you using b/g/n or a? if the former, is the router in mixed mode or set to only allow certain conenctions (i.e. via "n")?

dcallagh

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

No help for you I'm afraid, but I have the same issue.
Loss of WiFi, from reading around (yes, I'm a forum ho') seems to be related to loss of the wireless address....
Mine was on the blink in any case(sometimes on, sometimes off), and I had reset the network settings.
I updated to 3.1.2 and wifi is no longer an Iphone option!!
Phone can't find the network supplier either half the time and has to be rebooted. Its not a phone - its a PC (yes, like 'PC' in the ads :) unreliable)
Permanently greyed out.
I Followed the tips in support.apple.com/kb/TS1559 Unable to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with iPhone or iPod touch because there's no address listed for the device - you may want to try.
No luck for me!!:eek:
Called my supplier - who basically just refer you to the above articel, sigh.
They have said that that process performs a complete software reset and so it must be a HW problem. Have to take it back under warranty.

I reckon he may be right.

Hmmm - Buying apple used to mean 'it just works' - welcome to land of mass production....

justanotherjack

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've just jailbroken my iPhone and run into this exact same problem. The solution is rather simple.

Go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings.

Enter your passcode, your phone will reboot and you should then start picking up Wifi networks.

I hope this is helpful!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR