When will Apple release 3.1.3?

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
anyone wanna place bets on when apple will release 3.1.3? we all know it is coming soon. i am not holding my breath for 3.2 anymore as it is so well overdue and apple is probably 100% focused on 4.0 now. they will probably release 3.1.3 in about a week or so i would imagine. more than likely next week before christmas then it will be full on work on 4.0 march or so they will do a preview of the new OS and the SDK then in june or early july we will see a new iphone hopefully with a HD screen and a flash camera. so in short anyone want to guess when we might see 3.1.3? and for fun sake what bugs you think it might fix?

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I bet we don't see anything until after January - whats the point of an update now? It won't sell phones before Christmas - it would have come out before thanksgiving if it was coming this year. IMHO

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
no one here has any way of answering this. any answer given is a guess taken out of thin air

Do you even read the post or just the title? He is looking for guesses on what others think. Wow.

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to see an update. After it's out inhave to wait for a blackra1n update anyway. :) I'm more curious about what 4.0 will do for us.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, i'm content waiting for 4.0. Jailbroken 3.1 is fine with me til then.

Reason there is no 3.2? As the OS matures, there's not much more minor stuff to add in. Best to save for 4.0 and that big splash marketing effort.

Not to mention if multitasking and UI changes are coming, adding updates now to something that may be changed soon may get in the way. So i see no 3.2 as a sign they're making more than minor changes in 4.0.

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping for Bluetooth fix so next track, volume, etc. can be used like it was intended. Come on Apple.

I second that - would love a good set of bluetooth headphones, but if I have to keep pulling my phone out to us them - whats the point!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I second that - would love a good set of bluetooth headphones, but if I have to keep pulling my phone out to us them - whats the point!
I am not sure that I understand what you are looking for. I use the Plantronics 260. I can listen to podcasts and music, control volume, answer incoming calls, answer second incoming call, switch between calls, and initiate voice control. I use the 260 control with three different headsets. The ones that came with it, Hf2 noise isolating (both of these support the phone) and Philips active noise canceling (includes another control and does not support phone calls; use only on board planes).

What else are you looking for?

Perhaps the function that you are looking for is in the head-set, not the iPhone. For example, I use an LG HBM-520 with which I can do "last number re-dial" but cannot invoke voice control.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
You guys have shattered my dreams of a 3.2 Christmas [or other Winter Holiday]! Although what you say makes sense, and I'm hoping you're right, that the folks at Apple are waiting until after winter to set us up with something spectacular to compete with the Googles and RIMs of the world. My only wish for a 3.2 release would be some way to categorize apps without jailbreaking. For 4.0, I'd hope that they make the need to jailbreak completely obsolete by releasing an OS update that allows for lockscreen app goodness, background running app loveliness, and other jailbreaky-type stuff (I can't think of anything else 'cuz I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, but there must be other reasons you jailbreakers did it other than just because you can)!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
You guys have shattered my dreams of a 3.2 Christmas [or other Winter Holiday]! Although what you say makes sense, and I'm hoping you're right, that the folks at Apple are waiting until after winter to set us up with something spectacular to compete with the Googles and RIMs of the world. My only wish for a 3.2 release would be some way to categorize apps without jailbreaking. For 4.0, I'd hope that they make the need to jailbreak completely obsolete by releasing an OS update that allows for lockscreen app goodness, background running app loveliness, and other jailbreaky-type stuff (I can't think of anything else 'cuz I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, but there must be other reasons you jailbreakers did it other than just because you can)!
Jailbreaking is not so much about Apple as it is about AT&T. While Apple has an interest in a stable product, most of the restrictions that people jailbreak to get around, that is restrictions on the use of broadband data, are restrictions that AT&T insists on. Apple cannot fix things unilaterally.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Oh, I didn't realize that there were restrictions on broadband use! Except for tethering, and that was one that I forgot about, I don't know how you would use more broadband than what AT&T offers in a 3G coverage area? But then I mostly use WiFi at home or at others' homes or when I'm traveling at hotels and such...I usually don't try to watch YouTube videos over 3G. But I never realized I was being restricted!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Is this pure speculation or is there some reason to believe that there is 3.1.3 in Apple's plan? What have I missed?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Oh, I didn't realize that there were restrictions on broadband use! Except for tethering, and that was one that I forgot about, I don't know how you would use more broadband than what AT&T offers in a 3G coverage area? But then I mostly use WiFi at home or at others' homes or when I'm traveling at hotels and such...I usually don't try to watch YouTube videos over 3G. But I never realized I was being restricted!
Tethering is the main one but there are others, including Sling. The issue is not what AT&T offers. AT&T permits other devices, e.g., Windows Mobile devices, to use broadband for these applications. Indeed, they do not have a control that would restrict them. Instead, they enter into an agreement (in restraint of trade) with Apple to reject applications that do this. If one jailbreaks, one is not limited to Apple approved apps. If one jailbreaks, one is peer with Windows Mobile. One can do whatever the application will do.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think they should just skip 3.1.3 an include it in a x.x update. Since x.x.x just means it's a minor update, it's not enough to hold your breath for. We might get " improved " reception or what ever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices