Connecting a iPhone and a Touch to WiFi?

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I just got a touch and my wife has a iPhone. We can both connect to the WiFi just fine however if we both do it at the same time it locks up on both of our devices until we both turn it off. It looks like only one of us can connect at a time this is frustrating, any solutions out there?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard of this issue before.

It actually sounds like a problem with your wifi source? What are you connecting the phone to?

exact product
security type (don't need the key)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you connecting via DHCP or have you hard coded your IP addresses? YOu want to make sure you're not conflicting.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Listen to big9erfan

What you want to do is manually enter an IP address. find one from your router, itll usually be 192.168.#.#

so how you do this is: find your default IP. easiest is to look on the network info screen by pressing that (>) button thing. then you will see ip subnet mask router and dns.. copy down the subnet mask, Router, and DNS numbers..

click on static, that stuff will all disappear. type in your subnet mask, router, and dns. Your ip address will be a number not the dns.. eg DNS: 192.168.0.1 IP: 192.168.0.13 and 192.168.0.19

this should prevent you from clashing.. though why it did it in the first place is beyond me. if you ever want your normal settings back, click on DHCP, scroll down and press Renew Lease. the list will repopulate.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2