Anybody ever left iPhone but came back....

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I currently own a 3G and have been please with the build of the phone however I grow more frustrated every single day with Apple and their reluctance to acknowledge Flash and implement other little things that newer smart phones have. I'm also tired of re-jailbreaking every time there's a new firmware update. For these reasons, I'm thinking seriously about leaving iPhone.

My question is, has anybody ever left iPhone for another device such as, Android, Win Mobile, WebOS but then decided to come back? If so, please explain why. :)

benny5173

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have explored the palm pre and blackberry and used the Mytouch 3g on a trial basis and the iPhone byfar surpasses these phones. My advice is not to worry to much about these petty updates by Apple and also with the new Blackweather jailbreaking techniques as well as Rock and Cydia backing up their apps for quick reinstallation this has become a nonfactor.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i haven't left and come back to iPhone. BUT, i've been a BlackBerry Curve & Palm Treo 700p user and left them to come TO iPhone. and i knew for a looong time that it would be the right decision. and i was right. i have zero plans to leave iPhone for any other device. AT&T isn't THAT bad for me to hate on them. i've been on worse carriers. and i have seen no device from any other carriers that attracts me enough to want to give up my iPhone.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
When were you on AT&T last? If you hated it so much why did you come back?

I just got on at&t like a lil over a month ago..I left from sprint after 8 years because of some argument i had with some employee at the sprint store...Than I ran to at&t basically for the iphone...And i freaking regret it(only because the 3g coverage is a damn joke)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got on at&t like a lil over a month ago..I left from sprint after 8 years because of some argument i had with some employee at the sprint store...Than I ran to at&t basically for the iphone...And i freaking regret it(only because the 3g coverage is a damn joke)

I agree but depends on the coverage area. And what your around. If you have wi-fi at home and at the office who cares about 3g. I live in southest tennessee and I'm lucky enough to have always 3g coverage 5 bars at the min 3 bars going through certain bad spots all phones tend to have. But its great if you have the coverage. Prior to signing with AT&T and getting the Iphone why didn't you check the coverage map. You don't have to leave the Iphone because of AT&T. Go to Verizon or T-mobile and unlock your Iphone and be done with it.

Josh

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

so you didn't leave the iphone and return yet?

You do realise that within the first 30 days you could have returned the phone and left AT&T without any contract penalties right? If you had asked what your options were instead of just complaining we could have told you this.

Go to Verizon or T-mobile and unlock your Iphone and be done with it.
You mean T-Mobile only. And then edge it only since their 3g is a different frequency's than the phone supports. Oh, and T-mobile has a smaller network than AT&T. The iphone does not work on a CDMA network like Verizon's or Sprint's at all.

Last edited:

onemadrssn

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
IMO Palm's webOS is the only contender to the iPhone. Android (even 2.0) still feels so glitchy and beta. That and Motorola does not know how to make good smartphone hardware.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
so you didn't leave the iphone and return yet?

You do realise that within the first 30 days you could have returned the phone and left AT&T without any contract penalties right? If you had asked what your options were instead of just complaining we could have told you this.

You mean T-Mobile only. And then edge it only since their 3g is a different frequency's than the phone supports. Oh, and T-mobile has a smaller network than AT&T. The iphone does not work on a CDMA network like Verizon's or Sprint's at all.

Well yeah T-Mobile. I'm a wi-fi fan anyway. Wi-Fi is freaking everywhere unless your in a car. Whether your at Krystal, in an apartment complex, the mall, hotels, etc etc. Wi-Fi it is.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wi-Fi is freaking everywhere unless your in a car. Whether your at Krystal, in an apartment complex, the mall, hotels, etc etc. Wi-Fi it is.

true. if you like hacking systems.

most wifi I've found requires to get the security key or is pay for or needs a receipt code for an hours time. an extreme minority is completely open

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
IMO Palm's webOS is the only contender to the iPhone. Android (even 2.0) still feels so glitchy and beta. That and Motorola does not know how to make good smartphone hardware.

Those 2 phones that have the snapdragon 1gig. The HTC hd 2 I think and that Sony Erickson with the same processor. Which aren't out yet.

HTC - Products - HTC HD2 - Overview

This might be a phone to compete with.

Josh

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
i have left and been back twice. i left the iPhone 2g for a curve then came back for iPhone 3g. Then i left that for a Bold and now im back with the 3Gs im very pleased with it and even though i miss the keys on blackberry the iPhone in my opinion is a better device.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Basically I just use my Blackberry and iPhone and switch sim cards whenever I please.

The iPhone works just fine with a BB data plan and all I lose is the PUSH email.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I left for the droid and came back. The droid is a very good phone, android is a good os, but lacks that intuitive feel that apple has. And verizon is great. But once you get used to the apps and games, android becomes a one trick pony.

I came back for the apps.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I've left twice. The 1st time in the begining of 2008 I left the iphone because it didn't have anything. The coverage sucked and no video and no MMS. I left and went back to my Blackberry. Then the iphone 3G came out and I went back. I stayed for about 3 months then I left again and went back to Blackberry because everything I loved about a smartphone the iphone really didnt have. But after 2 months of having my Blackberry I realized that the iphone was what I truly loved and there was no such thing of a perfect phone. So, I have now since the middle of 2008 had my iphone and will never switched again. I currently have the 3gS since launch day and will never look back. All these other phones look nice and tempting but it's not my iphone and will never be. POINT BLANK!!!!!!! The iphone is the BEST!!!!!If it wasn't then the Verizon commercials wouldn't be going after it so bad, and every phone that comes out wouldn't be compared to it.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This has been really helpful. I'd like to thank everybody for taking time out to share their opinions and experiences in response to my question. Whether you're pro-iPhone or not, this is what a good community is all about. :D

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well trust I will be leaving this iPhone within 11 months and AT&T. And mother will not be back

Hah :)

My friend's got a palm pre. we switched for a day since we are each others only friends ( :( ) i used it for the whole day.. but by using it i mean i used 10mb of internet use because that thing sucked. There was no functionality in it, and the slide-to-do-anything was not very appealing.

dfketchum

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
iPhone, The Love & Hate Affair!

Hello,
I recently gave up on my Blackberry Storm 9500 after 18 Months. I used the Storm on at&t the entire time. My Storm started acting up and the screen finally started to die. So I decided to try out the iPhone 3gs, at first I liked it but I did not like the fact that at&t and Apple refuse to unlock the device so that I could use it when working outside the US. After two weeks I returned the iPhone and went with the HTC Tilt 2!

Well all I can say is the experience with the Tilt 2 was not much better. The email settings really sucked big time. In the first 10 days I had to reset the email settings 6 times. I liked the large screen but the video playback was not at all that great, My Blackberry did a better job with video as well as the Apple.

To say the least I returned the Tilt 2 back to at&t, the HTC is not ready for Prime Time, unlocking was not straight forward, and neither is unlocking the Iphone 3gs. Since at&t did not offer the Storm just yet! I decided to go back to the iPhone 3gs. I hope that Pawnage comes out with a Windows 7 tool soon... I hate the fact that the US Government allows US careers to Monopolize the markets, allowing at&t, Verizon and others to block our devices and radio files.... This is not any different then the Ponzi Schemes Madoff and Stanford played. I think that at&t, Verizon and all the others should face federal charges for fixed pricing, unfair ETF charges.... After all, from some of the articles I have read lately, Apple manufacturing cost to build a iPhone 3gs is now under $250.00 per unit. Then at&t services cost the company about $0.04366 per minute for the average data user which most likely makes up 68% percent of there client base... Why do you think we all have roll over minuets? It Does Not Mater If You Get To Keep All Of Your Excess Minuets or a Portion?? It is no more than a Gimmick!

How do I know this, I was involved with Cellular One, US Cellular, Houston Cellular and Galveston Cellular.. For some that don't know thats when the cell phone markets we now have today where being built all across the US. The break even was only $0.08 per 30,000 subscribers in the beginning!

Then the careers started setting up roaming agreements...( Note:Careers had money making roaming agreement for a couple of years taking your parents money before making roaming a no charge feature) Don't even think for a minute that allowing your customers having unlimited roaming caused them to lose money, it was like having your on recycling facility.. Not all of your subscribers roamed but when they did a career was going to make nothing but pure profit on average $0.13 when they charged you $0.35 to $0.48 per minute, and when they offered free roaming they still made about $0.035 per minute. By this time each career had over 20% to 60% of their subscriber market share, depending on which market they where in! In respect it could cost a career more money when they were not using their full bandwidth (Idle Equipment Time).....

Food For Thought! This is Why Everone Needs to Make Sure The Goverment Breaks Up The Monoply?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner