Charging iPhone upside down?

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I use a cup holder in my car to hold my iPhone. I keep it in a case and charge it upside down so I can carge it with my car charger. Will this mess up the iPhone any?

thanks

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
flatlined

This wont do anything to your iPhone, apart from make the accelerometer go ape ****, possibly leading to a faulty battery charge. maybe only 2% lost... Honestly though, nothing to be concerned about *puts iPhone in cupholder* :)

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
flatlined

This wont do anything to your iPhone, apart from make the accelerometer go ape ****, possibly leading to a faulty battery charge. maybe only 2% lost... Honestly though, nothing to be concerned about *puts iPhone in cupholder* :)

What are you talking about?

The accelerometer doesn't care what direction it is and that battery line is BS

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
you should learn a bit more about battery usage there :confused:fLYinGemBer:confused:

the 2% is a guesstimate, but its also known as a leaky battery, and it happens to everyone. not saying that specifically having it upside down would cause this.. it might be something to look at not doing WAAAAAAAY later down the road when you notice your 100% battery life only lasts a half hour instead of 6.

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
you should learn a bit more about battery usage there :confused:fLYinGemBer:confused:

the 2% is a guesstimate, but its also known as a leaky battery, and it happens to everyone. not saying that specifically having it upside down would cause this.. it might be something to look at not doing WAAAAAAAY later down the road when you notice your 100% battery life only lasts a half hour instead of 6.

How are u getting 100% Battery life for 6 hours?

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I always charge my iPhone updside down because I don't want the juice to leak out when I hold it upside right.

Absolutely! Holding the iPhone upside down while charging is alwas risky because of the danger of the electricity running out!

Come on! How stupid can some people be!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

you just said I'm right. How am I confused?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
flatlined

this doesnt make any sense to me. the phone doesnt care what direction its in when its charging. why would the accelerometer go crazy? and why would that in turn cause a faulty battery charge? this info makes no sense. charging is charging regardless of direction. its not like there is liquid being filled up in there.

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely! Holding the iPhone upside down while charging is alwas risky because of the danger of the electricity running out!

Come on! How stupid can some people be!

My previouse post was deleted for saying this was a stupid question. Yet, this guy can call people stupid and it's ok :confused: :confused: :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro