I use a cup holder in my car to hold my iPhone. I keep it in a case and charge it upside down so I can carge it with my car charger. Will this mess up the iPhone any?

thanks
    12-11-2009 05:55 AM
    I don't know why it would.
    12-11-2009 05:59 AM
    flatlined

This wont do anything to your iPhone, apart from make the accelerometer go ape ****, possibly leading to a faulty battery charge. maybe only 2% lost... Honestly though, nothing to be concerned about *puts iPhone in cupholder*
    12-11-2009 08:55 AM
    I didn't think so.

g1r_g3n1us what did you mean there?
    12-11-2009 08:56 AM
    flatlined

This wont do anything to your iPhone, apart from make the accelerometer go ape ****, possibly leading to a faulty battery charge. maybe only 2% lost... Honestly though, nothing to be concerned about *puts iPhone in cupholder*
    What are you talking about?

The accelerometer doesn't care what direction it is and that battery line is BS
    12-11-2009 09:43 AM
    you should learn a bit more about battery usage there fLYinGemBer

the 2% is a guesstimate, but its also known as a leaky battery, and it happens to everyone. not saying that specifically having it upside down would cause this.. it might be something to look at not doing WAAAAAAAY later down the road when you notice your 100% battery life only lasts a half hour instead of 6.
    12-11-2009 04:08 PM

the 2% is a guesstimate, but its also known as a leaky battery, and it happens to everyone. not saying that specifically having it upside down would cause this.. it might be something to look at not doing WAAAAAAAY later down the road when you notice your 100% battery life only lasts a half hour instead of 6.
    How are u getting 100% Battery life for 6 hours?
    12-11-2009 04:33 PM
    I always charge my iPhone updside down because I don't want the juice to leak out when I hold it upside right.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-11-2009 04:38 PM
    I always charge my iPhone updside down because I don't want the juice to leak out when I hold it upside right.
    Absolutely! Holding the iPhone upside down while charging is alwas risky because of the danger of the electricity running out!

Come on! How stupid can some people be!
    12-11-2009 07:03 PM

you just said I'm right. How am I confused?
    12-11-2009 07:20 PM
    flatlined

this doesnt make any sense to me. the phone doesnt care what direction its in when its charging. why would the accelerometer go crazy? and why would that in turn cause a faulty battery charge? this info makes no sense. charging is charging regardless of direction. its not like there is liquid being filled up in there.
    12-12-2009 01:04 AM
    [DELETED]
    I thought that was the purpose of a Help Forum. Anyways I guess it won't do any harm. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 12-13-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: deleted quoted post
    12-13-2009 10:43 AM
    Seriously? think about what you are asking?!?!?!?!?!?
    12-17-2009 09:15 PM
    Absolutely! Holding the iPhone upside down while charging is alwas risky because of the danger of the electricity running out!

Come on! How stupid can some people be!
    My previouse post was deleted for saying this was a stupid question. Yet, this guy can call people stupid and it's ok
    12-17-2009 09:16 PM
    You sir are special
    11-14-2016 09:15 AM
    It makes no difference whatsoever which direction the phone sits when you charge. None.
    11-14-2016 01:22 PM
    You sir are special
    The previous post was from literally 7 years ago. Just so you're aware.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2016 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD