I've been unable to find this in any thread searches...

The last several calls I've gotten from my wife the sound has dropped out - in the middle of a discussion, no warning, just suddenly I can no longer hear her. She can hear me talking but my sound is gone. This only happens when she's on her cell (another AT&T phone) not on a land line. It's been happening off and on for several weeks - just got worse today with ALL calls (5 or 6) to her dropping out at some point.

I'm on a 1st Gen iPhone with version 3.1.2 (7D11)

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-10-2009 04:29 PM
    I would try restoring as a new phone, but it sounds like it may be hardware related and with a iPhone 2G you're not under warranty any longer, don't know what it would be to possibly fix it.
    12-10-2009 05:05 PM
    have you used the AT&T mark the spot app to record these situations?
    12-10-2009 05:19 PM
    He's not dropping the call. Did you read the OP? The speaker is cutting out, the phone call is still connected, the person on the other end still hears him, but he can't hear them.
    12-10-2009 07:31 PM
    I'll try the restore and see what happens.
    12-14-2009 03:51 PM
    He's not dropping the call. Did you read the OP? The speaker is cutting out, the phone call is still connected, the person on the other end still hears him, but he can't hear them.
    sounds to me like that falls under the category of "poor voice quality" with a note on "other end cuts out" in the app I mentioned
    12-14-2009 03:56 PM
    I agree it could also be a network issue. Especially if this does not happen when you call a landline. If the restore does not work call AT&T and ask them for help.
    12-14-2009 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD