Newbie question

racerrck1

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought my son a 2g iphone off ebay and am trying not to have a major letdown for Christmas So he opens said box pulls out phone put his sim card from his old phone and what do I have to do to make it a merry christmas is this thing going to work like his old sony or blackberry put in card and go or am I going to spend all day searching this and other sites for answers Thanks in advance

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest doing a restore as new phone first ( wipe it clean completely of any old data and get it to the latest version of the firmware 3.1.2 ) and see if that doesn't fix it.

Just install iTunes on a computer, and connect the iPhone. It will show up in iTunes under "Devices" on the left side. Click on the name of it and then see what the software version is listed at. If it is not already 3.1.2, click the "Check for Update" button and it will download the update and install it for you.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
hee hee, I caught my parents one year. They said Santa hired them as elves to put the stuff together b/c he had so many other houses to visit.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You need to call AT&T and activate his sim to work with an Iphone takes only 3 minutes . Had to do this with my wife sim when I gave her my 2G .

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
@racerrck1

good going with the 2g too :D i wish i hadent cracked my other 2. but i guess this clunky 3g is alright.

if you want him to have the greatest christmas, make sure you hook him up with the unlimited data plan. and make sure you get it before AT&T decides to go their "Charge per mb of usage plan" Route.. which they plan on doing in the future. (Also you might look into Blackra1n RC3 so he can have unlimited apps and complete control over the phone)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR