What's with the occasional error message with this? Does anybody know? It's a strange occurance. I encountered it once. It lasted for a few days. I rebooted and all that. Still happened. The domestic iPhone mail app keeps trying to send over and over again with the resultant error message popping up and then lists on the bottom of the mail page: '1 message unsent'.
    1. What is the best way to correct problem?
    2. Is it a phone issue or a external issue?
    3. Also, how does one stop and erase the mail so that the phone isn't constantly trying to 'send' all the time. I couldn't find a way to do this. This also has the effect of draining the batt much quicker than normal. My partner is now experiencing this on her phone. Mine self corrected quite some time ago and has long since resumed normal function.
    12-07-2009 03:49 AM
    sounds like you have a connection problem.

to delete the message navigate to the outgoing mail folder for that account
    12-07-2009 10:24 AM
    So, is that a phone problem (when wi-fi is fully engage and all 'bars' are present) or a remote problem?
    12-07-2009 11:35 AM
    I'd more guess it's either a problem in your mail setup OR a problem with whatever service you are trying to send mail through
    12-07-2009 12:34 PM
    I'd more guess it's either a problem in your mail setup OR a problem with whatever service you are trying to send mail through
    to figure out try adding a second email account and see if it works.
    12-07-2009 02:40 PM
    i had a similar issue with my 3G, turn off wifi and see if you still have the same issues. i called apple, and they said that sometimes wifi doesnt play well with the email app. mine hasnt done it since i changed routers though.
    12-07-2009 05:36 PM
    I had the exact same probablm a week or so agao. My ISP (Cox) had an outage. When the outage was fixed the outbox email would not go, but new messages would. Delete the problem message from your outbox and all should be good. You'll need to resend that message though.
    12-08-2009 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD