How do you think the iPhone will evolve over the ages? What would the iPhone of the future look like? Will it be smaller? Will it be unrecognizable? Discuss!
    12-06-2009 07:13 PM
    By looking at some of the stuff some of the kids here want for the next generation of the phone is not much.
    This thread is a example
    http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...-overhaul.html
    Last edited by vanityeverlastingbonet; 12-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    12-06-2009 07:31 PM
    I am guessing we are looking at a jump similar to the level of the 2g>3g
    12-06-2009 11:43 PM
    Apple is going to blow our minds on this one. Our Iphone (2g,3g,3gs) is a 3 year old phone. Apple isn't gonna play around on a new platform and spend who knows how much money and time, etc just to add a couple of changes some kids in a message board are wanting like sms tones and custom themes without jailbreaking. Theres gonna be alot more to it. We will have a 1gig or higher processor for one. With the HTC HD2 with the snapdragon already being out there and that other phone the Sony whatever with the same 1gig processor.

We already know that 4.0 is a new phone. Why would they change the look and everything just for some minor tweaks they could do on a 3gs update. With the way apple is, this phone will come out in July 2010 and no phone on the market will be able to compete or come close to it. And any phone reviewer will probaly rate it a 9.5-10 on every category. It will be bad, lol.

Josh
    12-07-2009 10:58 AM
    Apple is going to blow our minds on this one. Our Iphone (2g,3g,3gs) is a 3 year old phone. Apple isn't gonna play around on a new platform and spend who knows how much money and time, etc just to add a couple of changes some kids in a message board are wanting like sms tones and custom themes without jailbreaking. Theres gonna be alot more to it. We will have a 1gig or higher processor for one. With the HTC HD2 with the snapdragon already being out there and that other phone the Sony whatever with the same 1gig processor.

We already know that 4.0 is a new phone. Why would they change the look and everything just for some minor tweaks they could do on a 3gs update. With the way apple is, this phone will come out in July 2010 and no phone on the market will be able to compete or come close to it. And any phone reviewer will probaly rate it a 9.5-10 on every category. It will be bad, lol.

Josh
    Now this is what I am talking about!!!The other folk that just want crappy sms/custom(and from what i saw of the customs they r beyond horrendous to look at) with a brand new model 4.0 need to .........
    12-07-2009 07:12 PM

Josh
    i love my iphone, really really do, but i dont see what you are saying as going to happen. we can dig up all the old threads about what the 3GS was supposed to be, and it wasnt. heck, look at what just happend with the ipod touch, no camera. and thats saying that there were pics, leaks, everything. i think that apple may have something up their sleeve as far as the os is concerned, but i dont see a major style change coming. i agree that the new iphone will probably be the bees knees, but i dont think its going to deviate much from where we are at now. why change something that is proven to sell and be accepted? yes, they should add stuff to the os, and i think thats whats going to happen. but i think the 3GS will still get all if not most of what the new phone gets as well. heck, the 3G is pretty much a slower iphone without a compass or video.
    12-07-2009 09:58 PM
    Well first I think Apple has the close to perfect platform to work with.I really think that AT&T has to step up for Apple to excel with this phone .To be honest I really dont think there is a network out there to keep up with what Apple has in its future plans,but I just what the option to customize my phone if I want to .I think Apple has been watching & listening to jailbreakers&consumers about the ability to customize there iPhones.So get ready because Apple is going to respond in a big way.
    12-08-2009 12:50 AM
    True, there is no network that could handle the traffic. But spread out over various carriers, it would be fine. I don't think we're looking at a crazy upgrade.

The form factor will not change much- it's basically a screen with a button. You can't really deviate too much. Maybe some new colors, a better screen, faster processor, flash, but it will stay the same.
    12-08-2009 11:26 PM
    I love m iphone too! I have heard my friend said Apple is going to issue a mini version, but now the size is very good for me... i mean it just good enough... especially the large & sensitive touch screen... very nice for videos and games...
    even it will have a faste processor / flash, i will still stick into my iphone 3gs
    12-09-2009 05:53 AM
    As long as the iPhone is tied to the "steaming pile of failure," it has no future.
    12-09-2009 10:53 PM
    it will become a game machine!!
    12-19-2009 09:24 AM
    I'd like to see WinMo v7.0 on the iPhone 4G.
    12-19-2009 11:35 AM
    boo, sir. boo
    12-19-2009 12:50 PM
    LMAO! Hey, everyone knows Windows is the best!
    12-19-2009 02:59 PM
    As long as the iPhone is tied to the "steaming pile of failure," it has no future.
    Exactly how is it tied to "steaming pile of failure"? It is an pile of mad win if you ask me. It has revolutionized the mobile industry in so many ways.
    12-20-2009 06:17 PM
    LMAO! Hey, everyone knows Windows is the best!
    get off the crack sir.
    12-20-2009 06:18 PM
    Exactly how is it tied to "steaming pile of failure"? It is an pile of mad win if you ask me. It has revolutionized the mobile industry in so many ways.
    Right now it is tied to AT&T, the poster was referring to that. Personally, AT&T has the best service in my area, so I do not feel as he does, but each user is going to have their own opinion of their carrier.
    12-20-2009 06:28 PM
    Right now it is tied to AT&T, the poster was referring to that. Personally, AT&T has the best service in my area, so I do not feel as he does, but each user is going to have their own opinion of their carrier.
    Ohhhh, nevermind. I am on Rogers so I was wondering what you were complaining about.
    12-20-2009 07:03 PM
    get off the crack sir.
    Crack is a nasty habit. I do meth and drink Jack.
    12-20-2009 08:04 PM
    I did not write the contract, Sir.
    12-20-2009 09:27 PM
    How do you think the iPhone will evolve over the ages? What would the iPhone of the future look like? Will it be smaller? Will it be unrecognizable? Discuss!
    Hi,
    The future iphone will be having push notifications, background apps and bundled software.
    12-21-2009 07:19 AM
    Now I hope that is a joke
    12-21-2009 07:42 AM
    I like my iPhone as is, i.e. not jailbroken. I would like:

1. true PUSH for Facebook.
    2. Better still, a default Twitter & Facebook app created by Apple. Thus PUSH and other things realted to them would work flawlessly.
    3. A theme type option as standard by Apple.

I think once I get those few things, I'll be good...
    12-21-2009 08:17 AM
    Now I hope that is a joke
    Yes, I have a strange sense of humor.
    12-21-2009 09:04 AM
    Would it be far fetched to think that OS 4.0 will be advanced enough to think the 4G iPhone will have a stylus, ala the Newton?
    12-21-2009 09:05 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD