The futrue of iPhone

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
How do you think the iPhone will evolve over the ages? What would the iPhone of the future look like? Will it be smaller? Will it be unrecognizable? Discuss!
Hi,
The future iphone will be having push notifications, background apps and bundled software.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I like my iPhone as is, i.e. not jailbroken. I would like:

1. true PUSH for Facebook.
2. Better still, a default Twitter & Facebook app created by Apple. Thus PUSH and other things realted to them would work flawlessly.
3. A theme type option as standard by Apple.

I think once I get those few things, I'll be good...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Would it be far fetched to think that OS 4.0 will be advanced enough to think the 4G iPhone will have a stylus, ala the Newton?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I think it would be awesome to combine to Newton with iPhone. The handwriting recognition was fantastic, plus you could actually draw on the paint apps instead of using your finger.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The iPhone of the "future" will be in my tooth or dentures. The display will be virtual, probably in my glasses or contacts. I will scale by opening or narrowing my lids, move the cursor with my eyes, and select with a double blink.

Of course, one reason for locating it in my mouth is to facilitate two-way voice communication. After all, it is a phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
In the future, there will be no phones. Only software upgrades and add-ons that you can purchase for the chip that is implanted in your head at birth. Robo-telepathy is the future.

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Briefly, from some of the other features that are appearing on new handsets, I would like to see or rather expect to see on the 4G iPhone; Without a major handset design change ( I think the iphone is sleek and elegant ), I do think a big leap will be made to the UI. The functionality is already in place with the iphone, theres no handset ive encountered that can match the fluidness that iPhone OS presents. When I say fluid, I mean the responsiveness of pinch to zoom, and the way things fluidly move in the os....Now, people want things the way they want things, GIVE US CUSTOMIZATION STEVE!!! Android OS, great layout, not perfect or the best, but widgets, different home screens, etc really appeal to me as features I would like to see on the next iPhone OS UI. Did I mention FLASH support??/
Hardware features I think are a good possibility are.....Better camera capable of HD resolutions, A FLASH, front-face cam for video conferencing, 64gb and 120gb models, and HD screens....Thats just my 2 cents.

Xtremeyouth1

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I think that Apple actually has the interface and look down but what we will begin to see is a difference in capability. For instance an HD tv or radio tuner built in, imagine being able
to watch local programming live in HD. Imagine the Hulu app finally coming live or just the ability to stream your iTunes library as a native app. The possibilities are endless, you could have live video chat with a front facing camera or have a native app that tracks all your facebook, my space, IM, text etc with instant push notifications. With 4g tech and better battery life what WONT we be able to do?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think that Apple actually has the interface and look down but what we will begin to see is a difference in capability. For instance an HD tv or radio tuner built in, imagine being able
to watch local programming live in HD. Imagine the Hulu app finally coming live or just the ability to stream your iTunes library as a native app. The possibilities are endless, you could have live video chat with a front facing camera or have a native app that tracks all your facebook, my space, IM, text etc with instant push notifications. With 4g tech and better battery life what WONT we be able to do?
Do not forget that Apple has a partner.

One can hardly imagine the reaction of the "steaming pile of failure" to this post? Services that bypass us? How do we get our money? How do we carry the load? How do we prevent the users from using these capabilities? How do we support the users? How do we get the users to support themselves? The list is infinite.

It is less difficult to imagine what they are telling Apple. "Not no but hell no!
Not now, not yet, not ever!"

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The carriers are becoming a lot more resigned to their fates as "dumb pipes" and ATT is the one who didn't say hell no to Apple if you'll recall - VZW is the comapny of "hell no" and locked down Wi-Fi and GPS (I know they don't do it any more, but they were the last holdout, so pardon me for not rushing into their idiot arms). As far as iPhone 4.0, I am hoping for better notification management, better app organization, faster proc/more ram, higher res screen, new battery and I expect 64GB due to recent changes in memory denisty from the usual suspects. I expect some minor style changes, but nothing huge. 128GB will be the generation after 4 :).

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Front facing cam, at least 5mp rear camera with flash/image stabilization/macro/higher quality video recording, much higher resolution screen, better processor, more RAM, vastly improved notification system, improved OS, categories, and customizing.

NEEDS at least that just to keep pace with the competition, remember, 2010's phone will have to make do until 2011, so it has to be incredible to stay on top as the competition is taking no breaks.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
In the future, there will be no phones. Only software upgrades and add-ons that you can purchase for the chip that is implanted in your head at birth. Robo-telepathy is the future.

Hate to admit it but I kinda think that would be cool. LOL

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The carriers are becoming a lot more resigned to their fates as "dumb pipes" and ATT is the one who didn't say hell no to Apple if you'll recall - VZW is the comapny of "hell no" and locked down Wi-Fi and GPS (I know they don't do it any more, but they were the last holdout, so pardon me for not rushing into their idiot arms). As far as iPhone 4.0, I am hoping for better notification management, better app organization, faster proc/more ram, higher res screen, new battery and I expect 64GB due to recent changes in memory denisty from the usual suspects. I expect some minor style changes, but nothing huge. 128GB will be the generation after 4 :).
[If your comments about carrier "no" was addressed to me, I was suggesting that, while AT&T did say "yes" to the iPhone, it really does resist the kind of features that Zeagus was suggesting. They see them like tethering and Sling. While they may be no more resistant than other wireless carriers, they are the one's that count for the iPhone and they do resist applications on the iPhone that they tolerate on WM. That said, I will keep my 3GS when I buy an iPhone LTE on Verizon. GSM coverage may not trump LTE speed but I need it.]

My first personal hard-drive was the size and weight of a cobble stone, cost $3000, and held 10 megs. Megs!

64G is a lot of storage. Storage/per dollar really does double every year. That said, data expands to fill the storage available to put it in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox