I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but it's starting to happen to me a little too often now.

So I have an app in the update section of the app store (in this case CBS Sports Football), I update it and still remains in the update section. I can update it 20 times and it'll still be here. Today I had two apps to update...one worked fine, but this CBS app won't go away.

Is this something that's a known issue?

Thanks in advance.
    12-04-2009 09:19 AM
    I've had it happen a couple times this week. I tried to update through iTunes and the same thing happened. Each time, the next day, the apps updated through the App Store on the iPhone.
    12-04-2009 09:29 AM
    I've had it happen a couple times this week. I tried to update through iTunes and the same thing happened. Each time, the next day, the apps updated through the App Store on the iPhone.
    Actually this issue happens to me on the iPhone's App Store. Seems like it's the reverse for you. Weird.
    Last edited by igorsky; 12-04-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    12-04-2009 09:47 AM
    It happend to me once a long time ago did you do all updates? I used to and then I switched to doing them one by one and it never happend again. You could also try removing the app from the phone and unchecking the app in iTunes and sync the phone. Then reboot the phone and check the app in iTunes and sync it back to the phone and do the update see what happens.
    12-04-2009 10:40 AM
    Happens here too
    12-04-2009 11:15 AM
    It happend to me once a long time ago did you do all updates? I used to and then I switched to doing them one by one and it never happend again. You could also try removing the app from the phone and unchecking the app in iTunes and sync the phone. Then reboot the phone and check the app in iTunes and sync it back to the phone and do the update see what happens.
    Actually I did choose "all updates"...the funny thing is one of the apps updated but the other did not. I'll try individually next time. The way I ended up solving it is to reboot the phone, and then the update kicked in (although previously when I had the issue rebooting didn't seem to help). One reason I could tell almost immediately that it was working is that this time around the status bar for the app update was moving slowly...when it wasn't working the bar just zipped through the install.

I just wish I could tell what triggers this so that I could avoid doing it
    12-04-2009 12:00 PM
    this has been happening to me lately as well. i just shrug it off tho and update 5x. heh.
    12-04-2009 02:13 PM
    Yeah this has started to happen more an more the past few weeks
    12-04-2009 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD