Jeremy Sikora(sp?) had said: Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Does COMPLETELY RUN DOWN mean until you get a 20% ,or a 10% warning, or better yet when you see a black back screen with an empty battery emblem w/ a plug being actively plugged into the wall below the picture?
    I usually plug it in before even a warning pops up. The other night however, I went to wake the phone and what I got was the black screen w/ the elec. plug beneath it.
    Is this what is meant by "totally run down"?
    12-03-2009 05:07 PM
    Typically people mean run it to under 20%. I typically run it down to 10% once a month or so.
    12-03-2009 05:50 PM
    I let it run down all the way until it turns off. It usually happens at 1%. To answer your question S. Casey (you're not Sean Casey are you?), yes that little electrical plug with the red battery is running it down.
    12-03-2009 06:00 PM
    i do have to say it's rather amazing how long my device lasts when it hits 20%
    12-03-2009 06:33 PM
    It doesn't help

lithium batteries have circuitry which makes this do nothing

on the other side, draining a lithium battery to zero
    can ruin it
    12-03-2009 08:44 PM
    When I ran it totally down it was an accident. The phone had not warned me and I always notice at what level the battery indicator is.... and it wasn't super low like that. I could've missed it, but I don't think I did. Has anyone ever heard of that?--the iPhone battery indicator being 'off the mark' like I describe here?
    12-03-2009 09:38 PM
    When I ran it totally down it was an accident. The phone had not warned me and I always notice at what level the battery indicator is.... and it wasn't super low like that. I could've missed it, but I don't think I did. Has anyone ever heard of that?--the iPhone battery indicator being 'off the mark' like I describe here?
    this can happen with any battery
    12-04-2009 08:44 AM
    I was wondering if the recharge cycle count (number of recharges the battery will accept b4 it gives up the ghost) that IS the lifespan of the iPhone battery
    included 'partial' charges--(like from 30% upward) towards that total batt. rechrg cycle count? What's the # anyway, like 150 cycles or something?
    12-18-2009 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD