iphone 2g glass replacment ??

jono400

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a possiblty off replacing the glass sreen on the original 2g iphone without actually ahving to replace the digitizer ?? the iphone I have here has a smashed screen but works 100% in all other respects. have seen many videos / read many sites that say it is possible and a lot that say it is not possible !!

so okay anyone here actually done it ?? can strip down the phone okay but getting the glass seperated from the digitiser and also how to stick the new glass on is the main concern.

anyone able to advise ??

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay thanks very encoraging !!

would you say there is anything that you could have done differently to prevent the lcd / digitizer from breaking when removing the glass ??

I'm guessing he wouldn't have

if you want to try go very, very,very, very, very slowly.

jono400

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Have been advised from a seller himself to follow a few off the better youtube guides - sorry cant post links yet.

quote :
was also advised that he had replaced a number off glass fronts sucusfully, but was also advised that the best way was to use a heat gun or blow dryer at a low setting to heat up the glue between the glass and the digitizer as this will make it easier to

When you a removing the glass do not try to pry the glass up as that will cause you to break through the digitizer

Just take your time. This took me 2 hours to finish the first time so take some breaks and dont get frustrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2