Quick Question - Browsing

Confused Woman

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi and thanks for reading and hopefully answering.

I have my iphone of pay and go and am using up loads of money on data downloads. How do I ensure I'm exited from the internet?

Confused Woman

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Data usage - Browsing

Thanks for the reply about data usage. It is an unlocked phone so if I turn off Safari I assume I wont be able to use the internet and rack up extra costs?

Confused Woman :confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply about data usage. It is an unlocked phone so if I turn off Safari I assume I wont be able to use the internet and rack up extra costs?

Confused Woman :confused:

Jailbroken and Unlocked are two different things. Jailbroken means the phone is able to use third party software not sanctioned by Apple. Unlocked means you can use the phone with any SIM.

If you're not Jailbroken when you don't want to use data go to Settings -> General -> Network and flip Enable 3G to off. However like Tramain said there are lots of things that use data and if you turn 3G off your phone might still just connect using Edge. So if you have Fetch on for Mail, App Store, alot of Apps they use data once you open them up. So another option is to Jailbreak your phone and get SBSettings which will enable you to turn off Edge and turn on and off 3G whenever you want to use data.

I've added a screenshot of my SBSettings with both my 3G and Edge turned off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods